My Ex- Girlfriend Has a New Boyfriend

So I met my ex-girl in college we dated for 3 years. Everything was perfect how we met when we met just how you wanna meet your soul mate. Then this past may we both went home for summer break from college and during that time she broke up with me saying she wanted to take a break. So I said ok I... Show More

I forgot to mention she called my cell about a week ago a total of 12 times to tell me thank for helping her get through school and she owed it to me. She also sent a text saying she will always be here for me
Thanks for all the comments guys some of them are hard to hear but I see your point of view. I just want to know do you think well ever talk again she said that I was her first love and she will always remember that?
Another thing I forgot to add was why would she call to tell me thanks for getting her through college and she owed to me when in reality I'm not gonna be celebrating her graduation with her, her new boyfriend is. its like I did all the leg work for what?
So its been since thurs the 10th of Dec since we last talked. This is the longest we have gone without talking and I am just wondering if you guys think she is thinking about me at all sinec I have been keeping the no contact rule in effect
So she called me tonight 4 times then sent 2 text messages saying she really wanted to talk to me. I gave in and called her back and I could tell she still missed me in her voice then she said her love life was wonderful, but I kept it really short

Most Helpful Girl

• What you experienced was a "gentle" breakup. Instead of telling you that she did not want to be with you anymore, she broke it gently by saying she wanted to take a break. Unfortunately, she left you hanging, while she took her time to meet someone new. She probably imagined that this whole time you have been talking since the breakup that you were over her too and realized you two were just friends. That is the only explanation that makes any sense since she felt so comfortable to tell you she had a new boyfriend that she was falling for.

I think this is a good example about why breaking up with someone "gently" is not the way to go. No matter how or when you tell someone that you do not want to be with them, it hurts if that person does not feel the same way. I just feel that she knew she did not want to be with you from the get go, not that she wasn't sure and just wanted a break. I do not see her wanting to get back together with you. I think she enjoyed romance with you but she did not see you as being the one for her in the future. I am sorry to hear about your pain. Grieve this loss and do not stop the process by hoping that the two of you will get back together.