Why do guys say they want you, then ignore you for a while, and then flirt again?

he was always taking care of me, taking the initiative, saying he liked me and wanted to see how things went for a relationship when he would have more time after pledging ended, and we were kissing and spending time together. then, during pledging he starts to stop texting and asking me to hang out. and then we make out and fall asleep one night, and after that he basically stops texting and making any initiative. and then I ask him what's up, make an assumption I shouldn't have, and he gets mad and we completely ignore each other (have all the same friends) for a while. and then we get lunch, start talking again, and he's flirting again- my friends noticed too. he hasn't hooked up with other girls and isn't a huge flirt to them, but he's got a big ego and I'm still attracted to..and now confused by him. his best friend and brother stay in contact with me, and before he left for break he invited me to his friends new years party, but he makes no effort to stay in touch. when we see each other though, he's a huge flirt, and still takes care of me and studies with me and acts like I mean something to him. what does he want?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well one, you have to understand that he problemly doesn't know what he wants, but he knows his attracted to you. Being close friends and being around each other so much he might not want to take that next step because he is afraid that it may not work out. Some guys are not as confident as others an they won't make an serious move. So you have a choice: if he wants you to come to the party he will find a way to get in touch with you. But if you don't get another invite don't go and don't call just wait. Wait to see what move he will make, because you don't want an guy that is unable to make an serious move. If he really cares he will make a move.