The chase?

how much of it do guys really like and what's the best way to play it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is how "the chase" works:

Two people meet. They start to shoot signals at each other that they are interested in each other. They also await for signals from the other person to confirm that the interest is mutual. As this exchange progresses, the signals transition from subtle, to obvious. Eye contact turns into conversation. Conversation turns into actions. Actions turn into touching. Touching turns into making out. Making out turns into sex. Sex turns into intimacy. Intimacy turns into connection. Connection turns into deep closeness.

(but the key point, is that it's a bi-directional process "guy --> girl AND girl --> guy". it's NOT a uni-directional process "guy --> girl" OR "girl --> guy")

Here is how "the chase" works:

A person (guy or girl) wants a relationship. A relationship is motivated by BOTH parties, having some benefit from being together. If the benefit they GET from the relationship, exceeds the benefit they GIVE (cost), then that person is motivated to stay in that relationship.

The chase is nothing more than communication of information. It's not just in relationships between two people that are romantically or sexually interested in each other. It goes on in business, negotiation tables & board rooms all around the world!

BOTH parties want information. And if they're not getting that information, or if they're not satisfied with that information; they walk!

But isolating the discussion to JUST romantic & sexual interest;

When Person A expresses interest or invests in the other person, Person A makes themselves vulnerable & stands to lose. Lose what? Sometimes money. Sometimes ego. Sometimes simply emotional well-being. But what about Person B? The person receiving these signs of interest & investments stands to gain; exactly what the other stands to lose. It's a complete balance.

Think of a scale. When a guy is initiating, approaching, paying for dates, etc. He's making himself vulnerable, investing, and putting himself "at risk" (of losing). Very quickly, if there's nothing on the girl's end to balance that scale; the guy will leave. That's just common sense & self-preservation.

Even if the guy is madly in love with you, and knows that you're the one; if the scale is imbalanced, he's going to rethink how he feels about that girl, his emotions & interest in her will fade (or reset) to zero, (since the interest isn't mutual), and he'll leave.

"the chase" really tells both people, how insecure, emotionally needy, and selfish the other person is; and therefore, will likely continue to be in a relationship.

A person (guy or girl) who often expects significant investment from the other person, before feeling safe enough to show interest or invest themselves; will often end up weeding out emotionally normal people, which means the only people left will be people who don't intend to stay in the long run; aka. players (both male & female players)

• Deserves best answer

• " When you respect someone (you know, like the person you want to be in a long-term relationship with) you're HONEST with them. "

Beautiful, & yet, so SIMPLE.

"This answer is 100% wrong. No matter how much guys say they don't like the chase..... You guys say you don't like games but when girls are direct, it's "annoying" . We all like the chase, girls & guys, nobody wants a desperate,person "

YOU ARE REINFORCING NEGATIVE BEHAVIOR by playing to this.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires ^^

• " ChelseyLately "

Ano from above)

Maybe it is the TYPE of guys you are lookig at.. Many gus & most MEN don't want to play gaes, & those that do, you really think it will STOP once together?

When something is concieved with dishonesty, real trust NEVER develops & you BOTH feel slightly to LARGELY insecure& uncertain.

Periodically you reinforce the chase to remind HIM or HER that they really DO like you- not WHY.

All you KNOW, is they like the CHEMICALS released in the hunt & the chase*

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 15

• Argh I hate it I finally tell a girl I like her and she just plays with me.

is that not enogh these days?

• The chase for me is fun for only a brief period of time. Then it gets old and If nothing has happened in the direction I'd like it to, I'll either make the move to have it happen, or just give up completely.

Chasing girls around isn't high on my list of "Things I wanna do..." It can be a big waste of time if the chase lasts too long...

• You shouldnt play too hard to get as that can be deemed as mind games and most guys will tell you they hate mind games! If you like a guy, he likes you, talk to him! If he asks you out say YES! If he texts you text him back! If he calls you answer the phone! Keep it simple! Playing "chase" will only drive guys away and you will only end up attracting the wrong sort of guy.

• But he plays them with me. he knows I like him but I feel like I'm showing too much interest so I want to back off. he will read my texts and answer back hours later, and reschedule on me so why can't I do the same thing? if I'm too available isn't that a turn off? I've never been the one to play games that's why I'm asking

• I don't do any of the things that you listed. and I really do attract the wrong sort of guys.

so yea, I fully agree :)

• Hey, here's the chase -> Cut to it.

Some men who like to play the field do this cat and mouse crap.

But respectable guys and women don't play around and waste time they don't get back.

Many things have to be interpreted via a persons own personal interests influences and past experiences. So when you find that the guy or girl doesn't talk to you anymore after one particular day, the reason is they thought back on the past and decided they didn't need you in their future.

Playfully or not. You've got to set rules for such things.

• chasing is for little kids playing tag. not for mature adults trying to find a potential partner.

More from Guys
10

What Girls Said 0