What To Do when you Hit a Car in the Parking Lot?

What should you do when you were trying to park your car and you ACCIDENTALLY hit the car next to you and made a dent on the door on the driver's side.Considering there were witnesses that might know the owner. What would be the proper way of handling it?A.) wait for a considerable amount of time for the owner of the car to come and find out and talk it out. B.) If the the car owner did not show up while waiting, leave a note (my opinion for this would be high likely unprofessional)C.) go around and ask who the owner was D.) leave, get out. Although there were witnesses, the owner was not there so there is nothing to do but just to wait until someone approached to you and then deal with it.E.) None of the above (tell your own experience or opinion or advice)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Leave your name and your number. Tell them what happened and that your truly sorry for the accident. They might not even be worried about it, just the fact that you where so honest about it. One time a guy left a dent in my car,left a note with his contact info, I didn't even notice it but he was honest about it and I wasnt even worried. On the flip side I was hit and there was no damage but the fact that he saw that he hit me, looked at me, then went away, obviously he didn't care took his license plate number called the cops. Just be honest about it. things work out in the end.

• Oh m y god I felt so bad now because I was so scared and did not know what to do.. but I wanted to come clean and be honest because I felt terribly guilty leaving it like that.. I WAS gonna leave a note BUT a couple of people I talked to said that I should NOT.. I took the advice eventhough I already wrote a long note just saying how sorry I was and how bad I felt...trust me gurl I felt so bad leaving it like that.. I mean I could only imagine what if it happens to my own car?

• Hey your heart was in the right place, don't feel bad. you where just scared. next time that instance happens, now you just have another option. God bless =)

What Guys Said 3

• Leave a note on the windshield saying "GOOD LUCK FINDING ME!".hehehehe

• Id make a run for it :) At the moment my Insurance is 1700 Euro! ($2600) on a 1996 - 1.3l Ford Fiesta that cost 600 euro ($930)Last thing id need is lose my no claims bonus

• ummmm well once when I had just got my license when I was about 17 I was backing into a parking spot right in front of McDonald's and I turned too much and hit the car next to me. I BOOOOKED IT! lolProbably not the most morally correct thing to do. but I just got my license and I was like "HOLY BOB FUCKIN SAGAT!".

What Girls Said 2

• I would just leave a note explaining what happened and put my contact information. It makes more sense than waiting around since you don't know when they'll be back, and you need to get stuff done too.Leaving when there are witnesses isn't really a good idea. Someone could see your license plate and write the number down, then give it to the driver. That means that they would be able to find you anyway, and they have proof that you left the scene, which looks bad on your end.

• go into the store and ask to have the owner paged.even though there were witnesses people now days don't really care, as long as it's not theirs,.but I wouldn't risk it. in case someone did tell you could be charged with a hit and run.

• I could only hope they would not charge me hit and run.. I mean it was just a dent! its not like I harm anyone..and plus the witnesses knows me and I know them because they are my classmates.. I was just not too sure if the owner of the car I hit was my classmates too.. but even so I mean I did my best and waited for an hour but no one came.. so I'm just gonna wait until someone comes up to me about then I would admit what I did.right?