Giving space... a good idea?

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up 2 weeks ago. He broke up with me due to various arguments we'd had. (There was only a couple but he is quite sensitive so he took it harder than I did) I basically said if we are going to argue about the same thing over and over what's the point in being together? I told him I loved him, wanted him etc but it needed to be worked on. And he broke up with me. I gave him time to think about it for a week, as he requested. He said he still loves me and wants to be with me he just doesn't want to be hurt by this. After a week, and speaking on and off, he said he was sticking with his decision to break up. After speaking to him, he said he was really clueless what to do now, he was sure before but not anymore.

I told him how much I cared, etc. And he said he appreciated everything I said, but wanted to think again. Is giving him more time to think a good idea? I haven't contacted him since then. It's been 4 days now and he keeps putting lyrics on his facebook to songs that we're "our" songs. I'm really confused.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like he's being over dramatic and looking for attention. Tell him to grow a pair.

• Well yeah, he's looking for sympathy. He wants people to feel sorry for him. Best thing you can do is ignore him, and get your friends to ignore his drama. Then he will be back in no time. What a pansy.

• Quite a few friends have said he just wants the attention. But if he was looking for attention, would he really go through with breaking up with me, though? ....and leaving it this long? I know it's only two weeks but it feels like longer.

• Just give it a bit more time. A few days without contact is nothing. Give it a few weeks and you two should really know whether it is worth giving it another go.

I've had no contact with my ex in 30 days and I was going to ring her today to see if she just wanted to meet up as friends for lunch or something. in all realness its been about 6 weeks but she texted me to say thank you for some stuff I droped of about 5 weeks ago so I count that as the say from no contact.

The point is neither of you will get over the feelings your having after only a few days of no contact.

Your both still hurt, don't know what you want and if you got back together today nothing would be solved :)

• Thank you :) Good luck with your ex girlfriend, I hope it works out.

I'll keep you updated on my situation.

• Back at any time. Yes its going to be hard but you need to do it. just trust me that keeping in contact won't help either of you while you still have hard feeling :)

• Waiting would be a good idea. And don't worry I won't bore you with my details but when I said I thought a break was a bad idea and wanted to get back together she rejected me. I told her to just give me closure and tell me if she didn't want to be with me and she replied with "i don't want to be with you right now"

believe me that is the biggest head f*** in the world lol.

If you give him space and no contact your telling him that your life will go on without him. If he thinks he can have you

• Show Older

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!