• Ask
  • myTake

Girls give out their number to boys they don't actually like?

Why do girls give me their number, and when I call they suddenly do not seem interested at all?I will get their number, and then call and they will never be available, and not want to go out. In many cases they already have a boyfriend. Am I doing something wrong or do woman just like to reject guys to make themselves feel better?

just to add, now I am up to about 7 girls I have met in the last month, that gave out their number, and now apologize and say they have boyfriends and want to be my friend. It is getting very ridiculous now!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• a lot of times it's much easier to reject a guy on the phone/text than in person. It's really awkward when a guy asks for your number and you say no, it makes any further conversation stop, and generally makes the situation weird.

• Why can't a girl just give away a fake number?Also, is it possible the girl was just overwhelmed by my good looks and charm and gave me her number without realizing what she was doing?;-)

• Hahaha, totally, sir

What Girls Said 4

• sometimes it's an ego thingor in most cases: it gets the guy to go away.most likely the guy is gonna keep insisting on getting our number,so why not just give it to him ?

• Not so much that they want to "make themselves feel better" but they may just be curious as to what you intentions are...

• To add to this, is there a specific thing to do to make the girl know I wantA. sexB. RelationshioC. date for a party/eventD. hang out friendHow do they read your intentions for each of of these for example?

• A. be extremely forward (i.e. come over tonight) and say how she is.B. Be the sweet cheesy guy its what we want. i.e. lunch date first to just talk and get to know eachotherC. Ask if she is available to go out on the date. i.e. my friends bday dinnerD. Ask to go somewhere its not jsut going to be just the 2 of you i.e. bowling

• Usually if I give my number out to a guy I don't like, its because I want to be friends with them.

• Has it ever occured to you that they gave out their number because they just wanted to develop a normal non-sexual normal friendship with you? I have given my number out to guys before that I don't want to date/do anything sexual with ever, but just like them as a normal friend and want to develop a normal friendship with them...

• This has occurred to me. I meet female friends differently then female love interests. If a lady and I flirt, I ask if she is free to go out sometime, and we exchange numbers, I imagine she is interested in a date. But of course, I could be TOTALLY WRONG.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!