Please help. Why isn't he calling me?

So this guy I've known for about a year started talking to me more two months ago and we became friends. He showed me many signals of wanting to be more than friends: giving me his number, saying he wanted to hang out and that he was up to whatever and that I should just give him a call. He stares at me at work, and acts all shy when we talk face to face... he used to call me every now and then and during a late night conversation it felt like he was "questioning" me, and his reason was: "I'm trying to get to know you." I never asked him why he was questioning, he just wanted to let me know that he wants to know me better. He was indirectly telling me he was interested, right? Anyway, As we ended the conversation it felt like we had grown so much closer.

But ever since we grew closer he started acting distant towards me at work and he stopped calling me. He still stares at me and when we talk he flirts with me. He knows I like him, but he hasn't sent me any signals saying he doesn't feel that way. I sent him a text today saying: "Hey we haven't really talked in a while so could you give me a call on your break cause I don't know when your taking it. If not that's cool too." He should've already gone on break, but he hasn't called. Why?

Edit: Okay, so last night during his break (around 9:30ish... he went later than the usual) he texted me: "My battery's dying, but I will call you later." He hasn't called me yet... why? By later did he mean in a few days? I'm so confused...

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing more it's hard to say. My best guess would be that he is waiting for you to take a next step. Maybe he likes you but is unsure about your feelings. You say he knows you like him but that might not be the case. Women are notorious for sending obvious signals (translated to guys: subtle signals) and guys are notorious for being oblivious to the signals.

Maybe you came off defensive during the conversation asking him why he was "questioning" you. (I'm not sure what you mean) and it made him feel too forward.

You only mention him calling you... Did you call him too? Maybe he felt closer to you too and hoped you would call after that. Guys need to feel wanted too or they lose interest. Maybe he felt he was bothering you in a way if the calls didn't go both ways.

Also, you wrote in your text, "if not that's cool too." But it's not cool, because you are freaking out a little bit, right? Don't sound wishy washy or neutral. Either tell him you miss him and want him to call, period. Or call him yourself and tell him you missed him.

Maybe he didn't call because something came up. Don't worry about it. But it does sound like its still your move.