Why do women still feel entitled to chivalry?

Why do women still feel entitled to chivalry? Why do women still feel entitled to chivalry ?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Because we shave our legs and armpits and more for you. That's why.

• Hmm never thought of that, fair trade I guess lol

• for us?... you do it for YOU

What Girls Said 2

• Well chivalry is defined as being brave, courtesy, and having honor, all very good qualities to have. Or having courteous behavior towards women. Why would you want to be rude to anyone? I think that everyone should be courteous of others be it men or women. Is it really so horrible to hold the door for someone, does it really matter if it is a woman or man why let it slam in their face. Does it make you feel big or important to be mean or rude to someone? I really don't understand the problem.

• Apparently to him being courteous is giving women special rights and treatment

• Oxford definition of chivalry:"polite and kind behavior that shows a sense of honour, especially by men towards women"If you think that chivalry should be to all then I agree, but most women feel ENTITLED to chivalry, that's where I have the issues.

• most are not so quick to express chivalrous gestures for the fact that many (not all) women see mens actions as insincere with an alternative motive, also sometimes, for example when a man does something nice like open the door for them, they walk right in with no thank you or even a smerk. I noticed this type of behavior mostly from women in their mid 40's and younger, the more mature women seem to appreciate this nice public gesture, maybe given the fact we have a surplus of selfishness

• ...I'm assuming you are a woman beater?

• No, I'm assuming both sexes are to be equal and no one is entitled to special treatment because of their sex.

• Show Older
    • You really don't see how chivalry contradicts feminism ? you want equal rights but not COMPLETELY equal, just the good parts

• Look at the answer above.She said it well.

What Guys Said 5

• This question raises a very good point. Chivalry is essentially based on the idea that women are weak, inferior, need protections, etc. But the modern way of thinking says that everyone is equal? So which is it women? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

• Amen

• Show Older
    • Preach it brotha !

• Oh but I agree with you. I like the differences. And I want a guy to be a guy. I rather cook than mow the lawn ;).

• Cause it's the respectful thing to do

• They want it all, they are trying to take over the world

• Why are you so opposed to chivalry?

• Because it's not sexually equal, the same reason women want to get payed more etc.why am I expected to do anything for someone just because they have a vagina ?

• Show Older
    • Yeah, it was because she was staring at me the whole ride and was judging mehow is THIS not sexism ?

• I'm sure her staring at you doesn't necessarily mean that she was expecting you to be chivalrous (i.e. she was just p*ssed off because you took the last seat). You might as well have just said something like 'excuse me, why are you staring at me?' It was her fault for not having gotten that seat first anyway.

• No. Now they feel they are entitled to a Chevrolet.