Do girls pretend to like a guy, to hide their feelings from the guy they actually like?

This girl Kirsten is slightly younger than I am. I am 17 and go to a private school with her. all the obvious body signals that she liked me last... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• hahaha this sounds exactly like me. she's shy and intimidated by you, esp. because she has feelings for you HOWEVER she doesn't want to put her heart out there because she feels uncomfortable to be so vulnerable, she thinks that maybe if she acts too eager she won't be "hard to get" enough and she's inconsistent because she doesn't know how to react. She overthinks and doubts herself.

You should take it slow, trust me. Just be patient with her, and once she opens up the inconsistent behavior should stop (I'm so like this it's crazy, I've gotten better and thankfully my babe keeps trying and trying.). If you want her, put the effort in. She'll start to return it if she sees you retreat (that's what I do) and yeah it's messed up and too vague/whatever, but these things will naturally settle down if you realize that building comfort takes time.

She needs to know if she can let her guard down to you. Also, she might be so flattered that you're actually coming onto her (and can't believe it) that the shock is paralyzing her a little, as well as her blushing/feeling embarrassed. Hope that helps :)