• Ask
  • myTake

How to get my boyfriend to hold hands?

I've been dating my boyfriend for a week now, and we haven't held hands yet. I really, really want to, but I'm just too chicken and shy to do so. He is also shy, and is usually quiet. This is my first real boyfriend, and so I don't have much experience with guys. He likes me, I like him. We sit next to each other whenever we can. He does walk side by side with me, so should I reach his hand unexpectedly and hold hands? UGH! I don't know how or when to do this. I need advice. I do wish he'd make the first move about this, but he was the one who asked me out. So, do you think he wants me to make the first move?

(Ignore this question! Problem resolved!)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Just make the first move yourself. Honestly, I don't think most guys think of hand holding as a really big deal. At least not in the way girls seem to.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• get a friend to text him (not with your cell or he will think its you and if you don't have a cell have your friend right him a not )and be all hey have you and so and so held hands yet he will reply... no and your friend says y not to soon? or you don't want to make first move? or what? and then have your friend tell you what he says and if he says he's to shy to make first move say well you know what I think... you should do it I can tell by the way she looks at you she wants you too :) it should just go from there