Dating someone shorter than me?

this is completely my issue, I understand that. but I can't get over the fact that he's a bit shorter than I am. I'm 5'6 and he's about less than an... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• The only reason why I could find it bothersome is because I'd be thinking that the girl might not like me because of my height. So no, actually, I wouldn't have a problem with dating someone taller as long as I knew I had the personality that "compensates" for it and I found them attractive, which is actually possible to happen.

Don't forget - the clinging to the idea of having someone taller than you is nothing more than a social norm that is in -your head-. Considering this guy is almost the same height as you are, you could look at the benefits of having someone of similar height, instead of looking at the bad side of having someone not higher. The only disadvantage I can think of is that you cannot really wear heels because that would be mildly strange, but even then it's just something to get used to. And really, heels are pointless and bad for your feet..

(for me, personally, if I had to think about the female perspective, I'd find lot taller guys intimidating. I personally just don't see the appeal in it. and if two people are of similar height, then they don't have to find stairs to make out just because the girl is like 8 inches shorter, and they can actually hug each other like normal people. so I never really knew why anyone would want someone so much taller in the first place.)

Asker upvoted