Guys, do you know when a girl is flirting?

so, I've been attempting to make it blatantly obvious that I'm interested in this guy. I've heard guys are obvilious,

is this always the case?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most guys have a hard time telling the difference of a flirt vs a girl being nice. In these situations, as obvious as you think you are, you aren't being enough.

I've listened to my friends say " I don't understand how he can't know, I smile and make appoint to ask about his day, what else can I do?" The guy for all he knows is you being a nice chatter box.

Although I know this, personally if I am not looking to meet someone, my flirting radar is out the window. I know girls, even if they aren't looking, can detect a guy flirting with them. Guys however, if not in the right state of mind won't have a clue.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Guys Said 13

• I have always said, "O no, I'm on the ball, id never miss someone flirting with me". However recently a old friend came on to me, and said she had been flirting for years. HAD SHE? I think it depends on the guys outlook, I have noticed in the past, and you always need to be careful that if a guy is oblivious that they are not doing it on purpose, to avoid any awkward rejections.

I think you should just say to him how you feel, in a cool way.

• What's "blatantly obvious" to you is not going to be blatantly obvious to a guy. Guys and girls communicate differently.

• i'm super awkward, and he knows that, I laugh, talk to him, maintain eye contact, I make contact [usually to his back, he sits in front of me]. I like most of his jackets, and I've told him this, I text him.. I'm.. flirty. I don't really know what else to do. thoughts?

• I notice when I leave a bar when I really think about it lol

• I'm actually in a similar situation now myself. Although with my own case I think I might be getting played. The length of time varies. I mean if he doesn't feel all that close to you he probably won't make a move. You can subtly hint by asking him what he will be doing over the weekend, later, etc. That indicates you are interested in what he does. I would say move on if it feels like he's using you for convenience, not excited (I light up when I'm around someone I like), or short.

• Sorry I didn't mean to imply you were playing games. I think you are being sincere. If he doesn't get the idea before long move on. Guys can be oblivious but with the right amount of reinforcement he (or someone else) will come around and ask you out. I guess right now just focus on getting to know him and being his friend. From there who knows.

• whats too long? do you think that he's just being nice?

i would consider what he does flirting,

i'm not sure if he's interested or considers me his muse.

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 2

• not always but if the guy is not into you he might play stupid and act like he is not getting the hint, or the guy probably knows your flirting but is to shy or nervous to flirt back...

• i think if done consistently, and you see him in person a lot and act differently around him versus others, he might get the hint...

also experienced guys are very good and picking up signals, especially jerks and players argh be careful!