• Ask
  • myTake

How to ignore feelings?

i need a little help, I've fallen in love with a girl I can never be with. we have been friends for years and I have always fancied her but in the past few months we have become quite close friends, but I have been developing feelings for her. we could never be together for a few reasons 1) she told me she could never date an ugly guy 2)she deserves way better than me and 3) get ready for this, she is my best mates sister. (I know I'm a twat). how can I stop or even ignore these feelings? I've thought maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore but the thought of never seeing her again kills me. please help me I don't want to loose her as a friend.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• You really only have two options. You could tell her how you feel, which sounds like you don't want to do. OR You could distance yourself from her. It's impossible to get over feelings for someone if you talk to them all the time.

• but if I tell her it would either make things awkward or id loose her and her brother as friends

• True, but every person risks this every time they tell someone that they like them. So you just need to ask yourself if it's worth the risk. She might have feelings for you too.

• no I know she dosn't

What Girls Said 1

• Well I don't think you can ignore those feelings for her but try meeting someone else and those feelings should go away and its a win win you get a new girlfriend and you can still be her friend just try it

• its not that easy to just meet someone and have feelings for them though. also id feel guilty going out with another girl while thinking about her

What Guys Said 1