How do guys think of girls when they cry?

Is it something a guy would rather not know about? Is it something that would make the guy want to hug her or like what? Also, when a girl expresses... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are protective of their girls, whether it be a friend, sister, girlfriend, mom, granny. Guys are not allowed to cry in front of girls or mention crying or even refer to songs that mention crying (unless, like Guns 'n Roses' "Don't Cry" the song is specifically about a woman crying or, of course, not crying). That's why we'll never watch "Rudy" with you.

Girls, however, don't carry that burden. Men are more sympathetic to weakness in women than women are to weakness in men. Not that crying is weakness, but being down, sad, scared are much more acceptable for a woman than a man. If you're upset, then your guy friends will want to comfort you.

As to being walked on by others, that would make your guy friends angry (unless they're the ones doing it, then they're just jerks) and, if it's a guy, likely to fight. If it's a girl attacking you, likely to stick up for you. The catch is that we are also, when you tell us about something that happened earlier, likely to tell you what to do, how to handle it.

• On the flip side, as long as a guy doesn't cry over every little thing, I don't mind seeing a guy show his sensitive side on occasion. It lets me know he DOES have a sensitive side. There is a time/place for strong emotion.

Just my two cents worth.

• I agree with that, though I would add that it is appropriate once the relationship has a firm foundation. Everyone admires people who can handle difficult circumstances without breaking down, but we also know everyone is human and feels pain.