• Ask
  • myTake

Why would a guy flirt with you if he wasn't interested?

okay, so, I used to go the the same school as this guy who SEEMED to really like me. I didn't want anything to do with him at first and just tried my best to avoid/ignore him while still remaining my normal polite self. He continued to seek me out (just happening to be around me a lot and initiating convo. a lot) and I tried to be friendly (I'm really shy by nature : / ) and not come off as jerk. He seemed to be pleased with the "progress" he was making with me lol (he would smile and seem happy when we talked)...I would talk to him and smile and stuff whenever he would talk to me. Well, I was in the process of switching schools (he was not aware that I was switching because I hadn't told him (it was a last minute thing...long story) Just before I left I started to secretly like him back (a lot) but I didn't change my behavior much at all and remained kind of stand offish as usual because well...actually, I don't know why lol I just didn't want to seem "forward" I guess : / AND I thought that once I changed schools he would most likely still try and keep in touch in some way, actually, I was positive he would...so I just didn't think to much about it. Needless to say, I was WRONG? I don't know why he hasn't tried to get back in touch? I am really confused because before I changed schools I did smile at him a little more :/ I didn't change my behavior much but I did just a little...so I thought that would give him some hope/courage to keep at it but he didn't? we have some mutual friends too and I thought he would ask about me through them but NOPE? so my question is...why flirt with someone if you weren't really interested? maybe he was just a player? maybe just not THAT interested.? I don't know...I'm confused.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

• I flirt all the time with girls even though I"m married, just to keep in practice so I don't forget how to do it. I'm not seriously looking for any relationship.

• yeah, maybe he was just naturally flirty/friendly, I dunno. Thanks : )

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry, but he just didn't like you enough to make the effort.It sounds like he just wanted to lift his own ego by flirting with you.Please learn this lesson early on...if someone is really interested in you,YOU WILL KNOW.And that person will make effort to be around you.If they are not,then...theres your answer. Just move on to another guy...theres tons of them.Good luck.:)

• I agree...I guess I just needed to here it from someone else. just not THAT into me. Thanks for the response : )

• You're welcome. :)