Why is he jealous?

We haven't officially broken up. He says his feelings for me has changed, but he still cares about me. The best way to describe it is a break. Anyways, I'm hurt about it all, but I try not to let it show. I act how I normally would act. I was talking with a guy we met not too long ago. The guy and I were joking around. Perfectly harmless. There's nothing going on between us. I don't have an interest in him like that and he's in a long-term relationship. We were all talking one night and my boyfriend confronted me later asking why I said something. The way he described it to me sounded like I had been flirting with the other guy. He seemed upset about it. I wasn't flirting with that guy at all. On the contrary, I was trying to flirt with my boyfriend, but he misunderstood. I also didn't catch something that was said prior and when he told me I saw how he could come to that conclusion, but regardless, he's the one who wanted a break, so why would it matter to him? He seems to think that he can flirt and date other girls and it shouldn't affect me, but if I (accidently) flirt with some guy he gets all jealous. I'm the one who is vocal about still having feelings for him. It's expected that I'd be hurt. I asked him about it and he told me he was more concerned about my safety, but I can take care of myself. I don't know what's going through his head.

Our break is mostly because of circumstances out of our control. We're long distance right now. I'm certain he gets heat from his guy friends to date other girls. He hasn't yet to my knowledge. It's complicated because we still like each other.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• Hm.it sounds like he wants it both ways. He wants to date and flirt with other girls but also have you too. I think he sees you as a safety net. Something he can alwyas come back too when things don't work out with another girl, and that's why he gets jealous. Becuz he doesn't want another guy to take you away. This is just how it looks to me. I may be wrong, but if I were you I'd move on. Make the break a break-up and find someone better. Good luck!

• I'd thought about that. I told him that's not what I want. He said it was up to me. He's not the type of guy to be like that, but since he's getting a lot of peer pressure his actions have changed. I told him I'm not interested in anyone else. He encouraged me to date, but I think it was more because he wanted to feel less guilty. Except despite that he still gets jealous.

• Selected as most helpful

frens play a huge role in one's life you know?if his frens are asking him to date other girls.he's 60% more likely to date/fiirt around.even though he still likes you he'll be semi-forced to date sooner or later.especially so when you guys are far away from each other.the temptation will be strong

• Now that question is only something he can answer..at what price exactly..i don't know wats his limit is..

• I see what you mean. But would he go so far to save face with his friends even if it means breaking my heart? These friends are mostly people he just met. I know he wants friends because he was lacking them, but at what price?

• Its normal to find other guy/girls attractive but its what you do that makes a difference..his frens doesn't understand him well..although they meant it well(helps him get over the whole breakup affair)both of you like each other still..but its jus that if he tells you that he still likes u, he'll be criticized by his frens..and trust me a guy's frens means a lot to him

• Show Older
  • i think since he's being a guy and all he's trying to hide his feeligns.even though he broke up with you there must still be feelings between you 2 if not he won't bother to talk to you at all.his frens must have been telling him to hang out with other girls and such(being a guy) but trust me he still likes you even though he doesn't admit.he misses the great times with u.memories will last for a long time

• I wouldn't doubt that he's trying to hide his feelings. I ask him about it, but he won't open up to me. You're probably right about his friends. I have a feeling he's being pressured into dating other girls. Because I can't be there to satisfy him physically they're telling him to date and fool around with other girls. Except he still cares about me and I would be devastated. I don't understand why he has to let those guys get to him like that. He should do what he wants.