Do you hug? Why do you hug?

I don't hug. Part of it is me being anti-social and not caring to admit that breaking the touch barrier is a step in the courtship process. The other is that I'm Chinese, we're very conservative and it's not normal to hug others spontaneously in China. I've never even hug my parents or family since I was a baby.

A lot of girls I know get offended when I don't hug them. Some even to the point where they don't bother talking to me anymore. Not that I consider those types of girls worth knowing any longer...

So do you hug? Why? Do girls do it because it feels good with guys, or is it just a type of greeting?

Most Helpful Girl

• *hugs iXeno* :D

i used to be VERY anti-hug. in middle school, I was known for hating hugs and stuff like that so the night of the 8th grade prom, I legit got assault-hugged by 20 different people. x___x twas very traumatizing. in high school, I got a little bit better, but I still felt kinda awkward hugging people...things changed in college because my roommate was SUPER touchy-feely lol. hugs ALLLL the time, for no good reason either :p she made me feel really comfortable, and soon after, I was able to hug others more naturally. I still am pretty reserved, but I have no issues hugging my close friends. it's a combination of a greeting and an acknowledgement that I like and trust you enough to embrace you.

• So I'm a close friend? Hmph.

*turns around and silently sheds a manly tear*

Hah... just kidding.

• Mom. Stop embarrassing me on GaG... all these girls are making me feel insecure...

:o(

• okayyyy, little Xeno. don't spend too much time on here. dinner in 2 hours! :D

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 15

• I love to hug people I care about. I'm a shy person, but I'm also very affectionate; I love showing affection and receiving it in return. I don't get offended if someone's not really the hugging type.. although I may hug them anyway. A hug to me is just reassuring and comforting.

• Yeah, I hug :) Mostly because it feels good but also because in the Middle East you hug and kiss people as a greeting, so I'm pretty used to doing that. It's how I greet my friends.

• I have a chinese friend who's never hugged her parents either, but she's used to giving us hugs. I don't really care tbh, I give hugs but only initiate them with really close friends, not with people I've just met. When it comes to guys, if they want to hug me they can, but I don't expect one and I won't be offended if they don't. But they have to want one, I'm not a very touchy feely person.

• I hug only when needed. usually I nodd and say hey.

My greetings in my family go from bowing, to hugging, to handshakes,ot head on hands...its weird...but I hug only when I missed someone for so long. not just hug...because I really enjoy it.

because I usually don't

• *hug. Lol. ; )

• -.-

• Now, now.

Behave.

• : ) haha

More from Girls
10

What Guys Said 8

• Back in the day a few years ago, it was pretty much like: "...people DO that?"

Now I only hug people who have hugged me before, are important to me, and are female.

• I not usually a hugger, but if some girl wants to hug me I'll go for it. I'm kind of a big teddy bear.

• Yes, generally though it depends on the culture I'm around. With freinds I tend to do the general hand shake hug (not sure what its called). But my family are from brazil, its teh cultural norm there to greet each other with hugs, even many times those who arn't family. I live in England and would greet people with hugs but given the culture is so different here I just wouldn't people would get the wrong idea lol

• I do bro hugs when I haven't seen the dude in forever and I don't really hug girls.

• nope I don't hug

More from Guys
3