Guys always assume that I'm not interested and that I don't really like them, why?

okay, I'm the quiet, reserved, slightly shy type. I don't have many friend and even most of the time at school I am by myself. I have no problem with that. I can talk to people and when we get acquainted I can be really funny. Also, I am never afraid to speak my mind (but not in a I am always right kind of way) and actually I enjoy a good debate. I guess though I am quiet I am usually friendly to everyone. Recently I've come to the realization that guys who were really interested in me assumed I wasn't and that I didn't like them. Is it because I can act aloof sometimes? or because I have this independent, I am good by myself vibe ? I mean, I am not a cold blanket, it's true that it takes me a lot of time to notice that a guy is interested in me, but when I do and that I am I try to be more friendly around them and with them. Besides I can flirt a lot and usually it's in a teasing way.. But anyway, I am really confused as to why they would go as far as thinking that I am not really interested in a relationship ! (they always first assume that I already have a boyfriend but since I never mention it I guess they end up knowing that I don't have anyone...) What makes them think so? What can I do in the future to avoid this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 1

• Being reserved like that come off intimidating to guys. They don't know what to expect and therefore they feel scared to approach. You might seem hard to please too. What you should do is smile often :) and make new friends, go out and get to talk more because when you do, people will know that you are really fun to be around.