What do mixed signals mean?

Do they mean someone's interested and too shy to express it or that they're just not interested? The exact situation is this: I met this guy while going out with a group of friends. I thought he was cute and we got along well and he mostly talked to me, walked with me almost constantly although we didn't know each other at all beforehand. Whenever I said I was against something or I didn't like something, he'd side with me. For example, I freaked out when I saw a moth and while everyone started making fun of me for being such a girl, he said that he usually ends up being the moth killer in the group and that he's pretty good and if I didn't want to go into a certain place, he would sway the group to go somewhere else. However, throughout the night, he'd get randomly quiet and then go back to being talkative. He also hasn't added me on Facebook so far. :/ Sounds petty but I thought that would be a sign of disinterest right? I don't think I showed interest because I was too shy since... Show More

• Vote A Interested but shy/discouraged/socially inept.
  • Vote B Not interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mixed signals, could mean the person is just trying to play hard 2 get until they your feelings are confirmed or it's just their nature as an egotistical person. On the other hand I could be yeah just plain shy not sure how to act around that person, the best solution is to just confround the person and be like what is going on her , decode their body language or just leave it alone unless you really felt something there it's not worth it to deal with their confusion...

• i agree with you. however, not sure if I'm brave enough.

• WOW terrible grammer I realized opps :$ lol well u'll never know if you dn't try :) it's peaceful once you get closure