• Ask
  • myTake

Does Being Drunk Expose Your True Feelings?

Here's my issue. There's a guy that I like that lives in my apt complex. We were friends at one point then I started dating another guy and we sorta broke off the friendship. At that point he was really pissed that I was dating this other guy so he chose not to talk to me anymore. So me and the other guy broke up about a month ago and me and the old friend went back to being friends after we'd talk out our differences. Over the last few weeks I've been feeling like i'm really interested in this guy because I am; so I decided to let him know a little about how I felt. I told him that I liked him and that I was attracted to him. His response was that he didn't believe me. I'm not sure if that was his response because I had hurt him once before or he just thought that my confession was too good to be true. So a week goes by and its 11:30pm on a Friday night and I get a text from him. Pretty much he told me that he was drunk and on vacation. I told him thanks for the honesty(honesty is a major thing in our friendship) and enjoy yourself. Along with that, I asked him, "how do you feel about me?" he replied with "a drunk man always tells the truth". So more text messages were exchanged he said, "I wish I were there with you" I found that hard to believe for the fact that we barely see each other (because he's the one that has "so much to do") so how is it that you wish you were with me? "so he replied with I'm gonna be honest, I need you" I had no clue where that came from but it made me feel good. His friend then called me from his phone while he was in the bathroom and said, "i think he really likes you cause he talks about you all the time." Although this was just a couple nights ago, I hadn't heard from him since then which is usually his pattern. We'll only talk maybe 3 times a week but my thing is if you really like me, why is it that I barely see or talk to you. This is what's got me confused. Did the fact that he was drunk cause him to let me know how he really feels about me or was it all just random talk. Help me out please.

Can anybody interpret his real feelings?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• He just used the excuse he was drunk to tell you the truth....had you rejected him or laughed at him for what he said, later on he could say, well, I was drunk then.As to the other question of why not talking to you as much, well, guys are also confused as to when is the next best time to call or talk to a girl; some don't want to appear over clingy, while others also know that if you don't call as often, then the girl might even want you more. He could be playing one of those cards. Next time he calls, when you're saying bye, you can always joke and say, 'so when will I hear from you next, next year?' And with that you're letting him know is ok to call you more often.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it can. People's inhibitions go out the window when they are drunk, so, they tend to shoot their mouth off and say what they really think.

• I agree with the other guy, he used the "being drunk" as an excuse to be honest.

What Girls Said 1

• I don' know him or your relationship so this isn't really easy. But some people drunk are honest b/c you loosen up a little. It in my experience depends on how drunk is drunk. If your just a little past buzzed you can get comfortable enough to say things you don't usually have the courage to say or that you wouldn't say because of other factors, but that in your drunk state its seems or or you feel you might never be able to say it if you don't do it now while you have the chance. Other people just lie out their ass when they are drunk. But if you talked to his friend and his friend said that he talks about you a lot and likes you then he prolly does want to spend more time with you he prolly does like you. He might really be busy, but that doesn't mean that people don't wan tot be together it might just mean they really don't have time to be there for you and a lot of guys will give it all or nothing b/c they feel that girl deserves it all. he best solution to this is to ask him to go for coffee some time or to hang out come over watch a movie or something. Spend a little time together, and if you feel something for him tell him you like him ask how he feels about you. But just be careful and don't necessarily look like your asking for something besides that answer.Letting him know that you don't want more than what he is comfortable with will get him to open up more than if it looks like your looking for him to ask you out right then or you want some type of commitment. I don't know the situation or him so there are a million factors that could have led to him keeping his feelings to himself.

• This just happen to me the other night, he called me up just cause I text him he started telling me he loved me and how he really feels. When I rote him yesterday he tells me he don't even remember talking to me, cause he was hamered. he didn't sound drunk to me. there just going to say they don't remember or whatever but they do. drunk or not he knew what he was saying