Men, if you have feelings for a woman, why ignore her?

I can tell my Ex still has feelings for me since we didn't get a chance to have a real relationship and I moved to another state. When we talk, he... Show More

Ok, so I finally texted him yesterday out of curiosity and I didn't get much of anything. I said "Hey, stranger, just checking to see you're still alive because I nvr hear from u." He responded saying he was working on some big project. I told him that was awesome and sounds exciting. I nvr got a response or a "Thnx for asking" or a "How are you" that showed me he doesn't give a damn. I'm done sitting around waiting and looking stupid. I thought that was pretty sh*tty!
Oh yeah, it makes me mad because he acts as if we nvr done the do before, which we did a couple months ago during my visit. That makes me upset.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm obviously not a guy, but I have a bad habit of ignoring the guy I have feelings for, because I'm afraid of rejection and being vulnerable and transparent. It's counter-productive, but a defense mechanism I can't help.

Go with your gut on this one. Do you really believe he has feelings for you or is it wishful thinking? Odds are, unless he's a total d***, he probably really does miss you when he says he misses you.

Guys aren't exactly raised to be in-tune with their feelings and wear them on their sleeves, either. So it could very well be that he isn't quite sure how to handle them. Heck, I'm a girl and I still have a hard time sorting out what I feel, and it's not as taboo (for lack of a better word) for me to share my feelings than it would be if I were male. Unfortunate, but true.

• I guess I nvr thought about it that way. And yeah, he's not a jerk, he's a real sweet guy, but I've lived in another state for almost 4 years now, so I try and keep that in consideration as well.

• Ahh that could be another factor, too: the distance. LDRs are tricky and he may very well realize that. He could be wary of starting anything with you because you live out of state, so he shuts off emotionally when you're around.