• Ask
  • myTake

Why do men give so many mixed signals?

I've experienced this with almost every guy I've come across and actually liked. Now I understand if maybe I misread things every now and then, it happens. But even the ones that act flirty and interested run away! Or they'll be hot one day and cold the next, and just when I think there's enough potential to be more than friends (even if it's just a flirtationship or a fling) they'll shut down completely and act like they never liked me. I've even had a couple guys reject me if I tried to continue things after that. What the heck is the point? I could understand if it happened with a few guys, but all of them? Come on!

dang...i was not expecting this kind of crap. I'm starting to think posting this was a mistake, I feel even worse than I did before. I've tried approaching it differently so many times! I've done every thing I could while staying true to myself, including not looking. doesn't work. I've always been careful not to show desperation, because I lose so much respect for girls that do. and after all this, things are STILL falling through...when does it end?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Maybe you come on too strong? You sound as though you're doing all the work, let the guys take the initiative more. If you leave them alone, you'll see who really wants to be with you because they'll do the work to get to know you.Screw all the guys who don't do anything, maybe they have a crush on some other girl and don't care about anyone else or for some other reason they just don't like you. Let them go (and don't keep any attractive guy friends as 'potential boyfriend', because they just like your attention and use it).Let them come to you, not the other way around.And when they come, don't get all excited. Act cool, you're an interesting girl and they should put in some effort if they want you to like them.

• finally, something reasonable...i'll consider it, thanks :)

• I agree it sounds like you're trying to hard. Kick back a bit and don't worry about things so much and you'll probably have better luck.

• alrighty I'll try that

What Guys Said 2

• Well how do you try to continue things? do you come on as too desperate because that's what it sounds like..

• I agree.

• not really. I just did whatever got them interested in the first place, pretty much be myself, and make sure to stay friendly. like there was this one guy I saw in class once a week, he would text winky faces and we went out to lunch one. (he bought) 2 weeks later he was talking about how excited he was to see this other chick, and I realized that was pretty much over. I'd made sure to show some interest back too. it's random stuff like that.

• Lol maybe you're too easy/friendly and come off wrong than.

• All of them? Well then there is obviously something wrong , either with your behavior or whatever. It's difficult to say what it is without knowing you or knowing how you talk to those guys etc.

• fair enough...

What Girls Said 1

• I'm with BananaPeelz. Think about it for a second... ALL these guys are doing the same thing, now what's the common denominator between ALL of them? You. So it's either that you're doing something wrong or you're going after the wrong kind of guys.