Girls, how do you feel about a guy hitting a girl?

supposing she started it.

• Vote A Justifiable in self defense, but he should hurt her as little as possible in the process of protecting himself
  • Vote B Never acceptable, he should just let her beat him
  • Vote C The sexes are completely equal, if she gets her ass kicked, well, she shouldn't have picked a fight with a dude

Most Helpful Girl

• it is natural that if anyone is getting hit by anyone to defend themselves. What normal person is going to just stand there and let anyone assault them. However in a relationship, if it gets to that point to where the two individuals involved resort to violence against each other, it's time to call it quit. And when I say quit, I don't mean end the relationship and move on. Its time to yes end the relationship where the violence is going on, but I also mean to refrain from any relationship for a little while to find themselves and find out what it is that let them get to that point. If there was mutual violence against each other, not just one person is at fault. Both parties are.

However, I also feel that in a relationship, if the female is beating up on the guy, he should try his best to restrain her and get her to stop and in some instances the male has to defend himself. Who wants to get beat up on and do nothing about it? no one. So if it resorts to having to defend himself because it has gotten that bad, then he should.

Now in other instances where the male will just hit a woman to gain control is wrong. For instance, she didn't get dinner done by the time he got home then bam black eye, now that's just wrong. I can also go on and on and list other instances but I think were all adult enough to know what I'm talking about.

When there is abuse going on by one person to the other (there are instances where the male is the one who gets beaten by the female) it is a power source. Its a way of gaining control of another. They put fear in the other person. Fear of leaving because they might get beaten so bad or ever killed. This is so wrong.

I myself have witnessed this growing up by watching my mother get beaten by a guy all the time ( not my father they divorced a long time before this) This man started beating up on her and my mom would try to fight back and in the end would not succeed. The man ended up taking ever belonging that we ever owned and left us homeless and living out of my moms car for an extended period of time. We then sought shelter a battered women's home and rebuilt our lives. I not do volunteer work with the place and help talk to the kids of these relationships and share my story and feelings I have with them. I still haven't completely gotten over that period in my life and I can tell by the way I treat relationships. I try not to get my emotions fully involved and remain there but sort of distant so at any time I can walk away and do not have to deal with any heartbreak or pain or anything else associated with relationships. I do have a counselor and I'm working on my emotional state to be a better person and have the capability to love another besides my parents.

I'm 21 now and when the abuse happened I was 10 when it started and 13 when it ended. This just goes to show the lasting effects of these types of relationships especially when children are involved.

• Right. I think chris and rhiana (sp?)are on everyone's minds right now. Maybe she started it, and maybe she didn't. But he went WAY too far by kicking the crap out of her.

• I agree but usually after a beating the guy will woo her with gifts and sorry's and everything possible to try and get her back, that's why its called the honeymoon phase after a beating. If you read the posts he was sending her gifts and they were texting and talking, (of course it was her b-day) but I'm sure it will not be the only time we hear something like this, might not be for a while with the publicity, but something I'm sure will come to light.