If you're brought together with an attractive stranger, and she doesn't respond to a smile, what do you do?

You're not approaching her. Maybe you're in line at a ticket counter,or in another situation where you had no way to avoid being near each other. You give her a whamo smile, but no response, or she frowns at you.

Since you don't have a Romney poster to show her, or a roll of $100 bills, what is your course of action?

• Vote A You break eye contact and look away, and never look back
  • Vote B You wink and give her a high five gesture.
  • Vote C You introduce yourself, anyway
  • Vote D You ask her for an autograph because you say to her that she looks like a well known folk singer
  • Vote E I have a better idea, or a better lie. Please explain.
Please rate the question! This happens fairly often, no?

Of course, doing nothing is an option. I'm hoping for a better idea here!

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to come up with something inventive.

I would first judge her body language. If she looks like she thinks your going to hit on her, lower her defense by saying something like this immediately

"Woww you are really unfriendly" Then turn back to face the line or turn on the direction you should be facing. She will probably try and clear up that she was "not trying to be unfriendly" Although you should still play it like your a little offended. Then have her convince you she is nice. Then introduce yourself. Then you have your introduction.

If she just looks rather out of it or unsociable, Then you should say something out of concern like "Hey are you alright?" or "Are you having a bad day?" Your concern will help her open up if she is not very sociable and in turn let her know your a nice guy.

Also if first scenario does not work, She is probably just a bitch. So don't waste your time. Usually if you go out of your way to be nice, like a smile, and someone shuns it you may dismiss it as a accident but not after you call someone out on it... If you casually do call someone out on it in a way that your offended (not mad) and they do not correct it they are probably an a**hole/bitch and know that they are. Don't waste the time.

• Great ideas..please rate the question!

• it is hugely unlikely that I wouldn't smile back at someone wheather I liked them or not. But if someone said wow your really unfreindly that really wouldn't go down well at all! lol

• This is good; it provokes her and puts the ball in her court.