• Ask
  • myTake

If I don't settle I will end up alone that's a fact how to deal with it?

i am already 28 never gave chances to the few guys that crossed my way and I am not that picky just wanted to be with someone with lots of similarities and some sort of attraction...The guys that end up trying something with me are friends, and they aren't particular attractive like smelly or eat in a noise gross way things that as a friend I can accept but not as a girlfriend you know, so I see good looking guys checking me but they never take a move and they aren't my friends...I do think I am somewhat attractive I am not ugly, I am not pretty enough to make other girls not like me but prettier than average I would say and I am bloody nice, extremely friendly towards everyone...but I figure I won't get a guy like me they are already taken...so I was thinking today that maybe its better be alone than with someone that you have some sort of repulse ...

I guess we have an understanding my days are over and man is not my priority so I will be a single lady forever, wish I was a lesbian, hell that would be easier...
How to deal with that the single friend forever, some woman are meant to be alone anyway, some will be we are in larger number

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Have any of your friends ever told you that you sound super picky? You even admitted to never giving chances to any guy who has come your way! You're almost 30. Are you honestly searching for a Ken Doll, or a real man with all his faults? I'm not joking, that's a serious question you need to ask yourself before you consider a long-term relationship or marriage. Answer that question for us and you'll be better off knowing where to go from here.

• Yes my friends have said I am super pick when I was younger and I guess I was but its not about looks its about matching with me, now I am not no where near pick as I was when it comes to looks I would say but as long as there is some attraction and no repulse

• Show Older
    • Desperate? You've never had a boyfriend. You need to kill your pride and expand your options. Desperate is you at 35 and trying to find a man when you're just now starting to date online and you have to compete against your 28 year old girls and younger who refused to humble themselves to go online and meet men. If you're not dating online these days, it says to me that you're more proud than you are serious about finding a man. Perhaps single life is okay with you. Not everyone marries.

• i joined eharmony for free but I don't want to pay, so I can't see their photos I first got 7 matches now more 20 I have no idea how that works...Some seem to like me

What Guys Said 4

• Congratulations, you're going up and going through something that all women go through after they stop being permiscuous as a way to find love. Now you'll resort to dating far more men who you'd have never given a chance to before.I think your mentality is kind of f***ed up, to be completely honest. I mean, I don't know these guys, maybe he eats like freaking cookie monster, but you should have developed realistic expectations from a young age, instead of the insane expectations that you developed in your life. And of course, _you don't think they're too crazy_ but that's because your idea of a relationship is defined by Hollywood, and Disney movies with princesses that always find prince charming and have a perfect wedding where everybody loves them and couldn't be happier.Good job, you were manipulated to stimulate the economy

• You think that being a lesbian would be better, because the lesbians you've been exposed to in the media provide a different picture. You're too stuck inside the lines to even see it, but relationships don't have to be confined to your preconceptions.

• Show Older
    • You must want something more specific than that to have never found a man in your whole life while actively looking... oh wait, you weren't actively looking. You were too afraid to approach the guys you wanted and just dated from the ones who approached you. You spent your whole life so far settling and just realized you want more than that. At least you're on the right track now.

• naw I wasn't looking and I never wanted anyone my career was always my main focus sorry and no I wouldn't get out of my way to find some guy that isn't interested in me

• Why don't you just approach a guy who you're attracted to yourself? I highly doubt any guy would mind girls making the first move.

• i think they would take me for granted and I would always feel I wasn't good enough to make him approach me, so its an ego thing

• Show Older
    • naw I don't want those out of my league I would always feel self consious...

• Agree with him. Women only don't approach men because of their backwards ideas. Contrary to belief, there is no stone sent to earth by god that says the 11th commandment is "Let the man ask you out". And if you think that it would damage a man's self-esteem, why do you think that? Because there's no logical reason to

• Girls like yourself, with too high an opinion of themselves, often wind up alone or in unhappy marriages because they didn't get the Prince Charming they thought they deserved.Typically, you will find the guy you like, but only when you've married someone else. Statistically, it's women like you who cheat most often in marriages.

• i am not that type at all, no prince charming just a normal genuine good guy that is somehwhat cute and I would never cheat or marry just to get marry

• Sounds like you'd be better off alone, as you seem more picky than you give yourself credit for. My guess is that you find fault with a lot of little things a guy does, plus he has to be hot on top of it. You're almost 30. You can't be that picky if you want to get married. You either learn to put a lid on your pickiness, or you resign yourself to be alone. You're competing against younger girls now. The time to be picky was in your early 20's, when you had more guys going after you. Either lower your picky behavior towards looks and actions of the guys you interact with, or just start making friends and be content with being single forever. This isn't that complex.

• Just because I can't stand smelly and gross behavior I am crazy picky? ah OK and I am way hotter and nicer now than I was at my early 20s and actually get more offers now but from the same age group but they are way too young for me now

• Show Older
    • I think you ought to consider that option. There's nothing wrong with never getting married. You're very picky, but aren't willing to make compromises. That's fine, nobody is going to force you to get married. It is probably for your best overall mental health to avoid getting married. Try to keep up a good network of friends so you have other people to talk to in your old age. Being an older single person isn't a crime. Just make more friends.

• yeah someone are meant to be, and no I am not crazy picky I already said it I don't mind fat as long it isn't obese, I don't mind short, I don't mind he makes less money than I do so I guess I am not that bloody picky but yeah still have some standards can't be with someone I don't want to f***

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!