How long before you give up on a girl you like?

If you like a girl do you make an honest effort to approach her or to make something more of the relationship? This question is especially geared towards shy guys. Also, how long before you give up on a girl you have a crush on, assuming very little effort has been made to take things further?Am I right to assume that if a guy likes me, he will make some sort of effort (at least to be my friend)?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I guess a shy guy wouldn't make a move unless they were 100% sure the girl was into them and would say yes, otherwise they'll just be over thinking things in their mind (arguing with themselves mentally) and end up doing nothing, just like what I did a while ago :\.To answer your question, it depends if the guy actually liked you or not, I still think about this cute girl that had a crush on me back in september (haven't seen her since november). I hesitated and waited too long, therefore she disappeared like a ghost to me, leaving me sad and confused, but I still think about her even now. To be honest I still think about this amazing girl that had a crush on me 5 years ago, I was really shy back then and I never hooked up with her, if I ever saw her now I guess I would be comfortable enough to talk to her and maybe be friends with her, but I don't really know how I would feel if I ever saw her.

• I guess time, but I knew they were interested in me already. Patience in a girl would have helped me to get more comfortable with approaching her and if you ignore the guy, he's not going to magically turn up somewhere and talk to you like some miracle. You have to be there for him to approach you, especially if he is shy, also eye contact and just being within close proximity of the guy will help him to become more comfortable with being around you and eventually talking to you.

• Ugh that sucks :| It has almost happened to me in the past. What would've helped you make a move on either girl back then? Is there anything she could've done that would've given you that extra push?

What Guys Said 3

• I am shy and I normally do not go up to talk to girls I like because of my shyness. It would talk a very long time for me to give up and move on.

• I'm semi shy so I hope my answer helps.There have been many situations where I have been talking to/or interested in a girl but I wasn't 99% sure that she felt the same way, so I did NOTHING, only to find out 3 months later she was crazy about me. and of course by that time the gorgeous girl had been swept away by some other more outgoing guy. Although, when I tell a girl I like them and they say they like me too the relationship tends to go much farther and usually blossoms into a relationship, writing that makes me feel like I'm 16; haha oh well. I guess I'm terrified of rejection :)There is nothing wrong with telling the guy you like him, a shy guy would feel on top of the world. These days a guy or girl can start the relationship, don't assume. Find out!

• Haha I have considered the "Do you like me? Check yes or no" trick. I'll have to do some more detective work. I have approached him before, well a couple times out of some random bravery. We shall see!

• No I wouldn't assume that if a guy likes you he will make an effort...only because I've done it, I always ended up losing out though, whether it be I was intimidated by the girl or just couldn't get enough courage to talk to her, fear of rejection...it still happens to me today...but as of right now I've been interested in this girl since august and I still have the same interest that I've had since I met her, I don't get to see her much so when I do see her all the feelings for her hit me like a bomb! As for how long I give a girl til I give up, I couldn't give you one answer it varies so much, depends on the situation and thr girl

• Since I could possibly be like the girl in your situation, I say... JUST TALK TO HER! Haha. But I am in your position so I know what you mean. Thanks :)

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!