Why does my mom ignore the things I ask for Christmas and get me random crap I don't want?

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful but every year when I tell my mom what I would like for Christmas she already has bought me stuff and when I open it it's random stuff I would never like or ask for. I've tried telling her before she goes shopping and she ignores my requests. It's so annoying because there is stuff I actually want and need that she won't buy because "she's already done shopping for me"

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh my mother does this too. She will even spend more money in things I dot want instead of getting me the cheaper item I actually need. I think it is laziness/not really caring/picking what he likes not what I like. What I do is open presents and thank her and then later set aside the things I don't like an ask to return or exchange for the things I really want and need. It's rude of me I know, but its also rude of someone to ignore your requests and get completely random crap when your already told them what you want. Be firm

• Halleluia thank you! I'm not the only one who finds it annoying!

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 20

• They do tend to et your what's 'for your own good.' Years from now, you'll be grateful to her!

• They aren't even for my own good. I'll ask for a winter coat and shell buy me a volleyball and tennis racket when I suck at both those things.

• She must a Sagittarius!

• Complaining about free stuff lol. If you don't like it sell it in a few months.

• Ah those were the days... back when I actually cared about what I got for Christmas.

Christmas is about the parties, seeing people you get along well with, and having a right good feast. Anyone who cares so much about gifts has priority issues but you know what I'm being too harsh you're a kid... just hopefully by the time you hit 18 you got it worked out.

• first world problems

More from Guys
15

What Girls Said 2

• Actually, you are being extremely ungrateful.

• How am I you grateful for not wanting her to spend money on things I don't need?

• There are people who don't get anything for Christmas. I think you should be happy about the presents you received. She spent money buying that staff.

She probably doesn't know you well enough to buy the things you want. But at least, she is trying.

I believe you should discuss more often with her. Then the next time she would know for sure what to buy for you.

You shouldn't be complaining about that though.

• She will even ask me what I want for Christmas, I'll tell her or she'll offer a few examples like "a real leather jacket" il say "uhh I don't really need that" then she'll ignore actual practical things and get me the leatherjacket.