Guys, how long does it often take you to get over your crush?

Let's say, you are a guy who gets hit on quite often. You are open to casual hang-outs, hook-ups but really picky when it comes to committed relationship and somehow you are a commitment phobe. You have a crush on this one girl. You used to work together for about a year and meet daily (not talked just felt attracted to her and gave eye contacts every now and then) before she changed her job. Then you went out for only a couple dates. She is special and different from other girls, like she is attractive and has a personality that you highly respect and truly admire (you also told her so). She truly really likes you and she confessed to you about it but she said she just wants to be friends because for some serious reasons, she wasn't ready. Since then both of you cut off contacts (say, you are a slow moving guy and has hard time expressing feelings and she has to abstain from contacting you because she is afraid of getting hurt). My question is, how long can you get over her since there is no contact between you two, and you have a very busy (working) life? A couple weeks? A couple months? Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, it didn't take long to get over the first girl I liked in college. She and I had already been friends for a while. I asked her out and got shot down not long before leaving for summer break and we lived about three hours away from each other. All told, it was probably about a month or two.