• Ask
  • myTake

Do you hate the Xper system here?

I've recently joined GsAGs and I absolutely hate that you have to gain Xper in order to really do something here. I need to ask an adult question but I'm not allowed to ask or answer Qs in the sex category until I reach Level 3 and have like 250 points! It's just ridiculous! What if somebody had a desperate situation and needed an answer to something sexual fast - a disease, a rape, unexpected pr3gnancy, etc. but couldn't get the advice they need because they have to answer a billion questions before they get to Level 3?!I really think it's an unnecessary feature here.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Yeah I don't like that either very much,seems annoying I personally don't have those type of issues going on with it. But still I find it unfair for other users, although the main people thinks its helping them stay..it's like probably keeping them away. But yes I hate it for you and I think to like write other users it has to be certain points as well.

• I want to ask a question about adult virgins, but when I tried yesterday this read note popped up saying I can't ask stuff in the seksual category until I reach Level 3. It's just ridiculous and a waste of time. It would definitely keep other users away I think.

What Girls Said 13

• The Xper system has been off for a while now. The long waits to do anything and the high costs for prizes weren't always like that.

• I think it's fair.Now I'm a little unfair in my opinion because I don't really use that category but it does (from a totally subjective view point) cut down on trolls. It's for your convenience even if you think it's not :)

• If you had a desperate situation such as one of those I'd hope that you'd turn to someone in real life that you can trust, rather than sign up here and just to ask a bunch of anonymous people their advice. Don't get me wrong there are some incredibly helpful people on here but this site can only go so far...It is a bit unfair that some features are limited until you have enough xper but those rules are there to help keep the trolling down, I imagine. Level 3 isn't all that hard to get to, anyways, you only need 100 points... just enough to show that you're a user who isn't here just to spam this place up.

• I've just been annoyed ever since they changed the Amazon giftcards from costing 3000 to 4000. It was just brilliant being 100 away and the next day finding out I had 1100 to go because they upped it. I understand why they have to make it harder to get them, but only earning a couple points for answering a question is a tad unfair.

• Thanks for the feedback, and sorry you're frustrated!The level restrictions have cut down on spam considerably. I apologize that you can't ask your question. You're right - it does restrict those members who have honest, urgent questions, and for that, we're sorry.However, we found a LOT of spammers coming to the site, signing up, spamming the site (explicit questions, inappropriate chat, spamming links, just to name a few) for several hours and never showing up again. It was EXTREMELY annoying to our members. Unfortunately, this is the reality of the internet. This restriction is inconvenient for some, but it has improved the site overall.Thanks!

• i kind of like this system,it motivates you to answer more questions.& if you really needed help about something lyk that immediately,you should ask your parents or friends fast...

• I don't mind it much. It seemed like I was able to get points fast enough for my needs.I hope that if you've got that serious of a question that you may find a close friend, family member, church goer, or neighbor you could confide in to talk it out with.you can "friend" someone on here and ask one-on-one via IM conversation if you really need to talk it out. . . .

• It's not ridiculous actually. Some people sign up and the first thing they like to do is troll or they'll sign up and never come back. This way kind of keeps people on their feet, for people who are really "dedicated" to the feature of asking questions or helping people with their problem, they have certain standards you have to oblige by before you get to do it.

• I personally like it because it cuts back on people spamming and things like that. I think that if its such a desperate question about a rape, pregnancy, disease, or anything that serious one should speak with a doctor and/or actual person not rely on the opinions of strangers online. Most of which wouldn't be as accurate or knowledgeable as say a doctor.

• I am okay with the requirement before a person can post in the sexuality section. I like it

• Lol I agree too but I'm working on getting as much points to get to level 3 , so lol I suggest you ask people which way is more faster to get Xper points, and it also says you need to get to level 4 so you can you can ask more than one question in a day because I only can ask one question in 24 hours which is like in a day

• just answer a bunch of questions

What Guys Said 9

• If you have a sexual question, just post it here in 'other'. I see people doing it all the time

• I tried that and it still got rejected.

• "What if somebody had a desperate situation and needed an answer to something sexual fast - a disease, a rape, unexpected pr3gnancy, etc. but couldn't get the advice they need because... "...of an ANTI-SPAM feature on GirlsAskGuys?!Poor Level one rape victims! They will miss out on the sage advice of the GAG community! How will they ever recover? They might have to speak to their parents, or speak to a therapist, or inform a public official or something ridiculous along those lines."I'm dizzy and vomiting and my stool is bloody... and there are dozens of red bumps on my genitals... I wonder what advice the medical gurus at GAG have to say! Can't ask unless I'm level 3? Preposterous! Have they no heart? GaG is the only option and I've been left for dead!"

• I really don't mind it at all.

• Well then they'd ask a real professionnal or call a helpline or google it :)

• It keeps the spammers out. That's all it really does. It also lets people do a bit of ego masturbation based on how many posts they've made. Fill out the profile and answer a few questions and you'll be able to do what you want.

• I'm cool with it.

• earn enough points they can give you a 20 dollar gift certificate works not scam. I'm not gonnna complainw ith deals like that passing me by. besides they have speicals going ona t times that lets you earn xper really fast. once I made 3000 in a day doing one of them.

• I don't mind it. It helps keep the trolls down. What's to stop people from asking the same questions under other categories anyways? If you need real quick advice about disease, rape, pregnancy, you should probably be talking to a doctor or someone trusted and not some random people on a website online.

• Sorry about that, but yeah, posting links, asking adult questions sending/receiving PMs, and other such limitations like that have been put on this site to try and weed out spammers, and certain trolls. It's nothing personal. Just think of it as a probation system to weed out bad elements. As for your other questions...What if somebody had a desperate situation and needed an answer to something sexual fast:Disease - Well I'd recommend a doctor, walk in clinic, an ER, something. But, if you want to talk about it here, in the meantime, reclassify it as "Health"Rape - Reclassify it, and ask for advice under "Health", "Behaviour" or "Other"Unexpected pregnancy - Reclassify it, and ask for advice under "Health", "Behaviour" or "Other"All simple enough. But it doesn't take a whole lot to earn a level 3 on this site. Answer maybe 33 answers, or fill out your profile in full, complete with pictures, links and more, and adding a couple reality check profiles. All of this could help. Also, answering questions in short, non-committal sentences can help speed things along, just don't do them as one-worders. One-liners are generally acceptable though. Yeah I know this can seem like a pain, but you have no idea how bad this place used to be. As I said, these rules were put here to bring some sense of order to all the chaos and (frankly speaking) bullshit that went on, here on GirlsAskGuys. Yes it's annoying, but it's not to keep people from getting answers. It's to weed out bad elements. Computers are less likely do get through, and non-computers rarely want to put in the effort. Still, in the meantime, I did give you some solutions to the problems you asked about. Hopefully that helps for now. Good luck, and welcome to GirlsAskGuys.( For other means of collecting Xper Points, please read these links. link link link link link )