How big a role does physical attraction play?

I recently reconnected with an old friend of mine. I hadn't seen her in a few years. We went out to lunch and hung out for a long time today. She... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I have dated guys I'm not attracted to. If it's just 'a date' , then no biggie. This is someone with whom you've been aquainted for a long time though, so in this case I say no, don't do it. My reasoning is that physical attraction and the physical relationship is one of the main ingredients that makes a friendship into a romance. I dated a guy for 4 years from the age of 16-20, purely for who he was. I loved him, there is no doubt, but I was not physically attracted to him. We really were just the best of friends and guess what? That relationship expired. Not due to this issue, and had we not had our problems I may very well have married him at a young age and I would have spent a lot of time contemplating the 'what if's'. I've changed so much now I know we would have grown apart. With age and experience comes confidence and a better sense of who you are and what you want out of life. It takes more than a partner in your life, we all need others in our lives, so maybe this girl is meant to be a really good friend to you. I'd wait to date someone that you ARE physically attracted to. There is nothing wrong with wanting a woman on your arm that you're proud of for who she is AND for her beauty.