What to do when the guy you're dating doesn't ask you out for V-Day?

Okay, so I'm relatively new to being single and dating this guy who is by all accounts CRAZY about me for a couple of months. V-Day is in a week, he's not asking, and so I bring it up. His response is that it's over-crowded and over-hyped but that if I'm into it he'll do it if I want him to. If I want him to? Actually, I want him to want to. He's successful (no big deal to go to dinner) so it's not the $$ AND for me the most romantic thing would be to cook dinner at his place and have a relaxing night. But he won't even address it with me since the original brief talk. So, V-day is off the table and I feel like he doesn't care enough to do something special. Combined with some other in-sensitivities I'm ready to cut bait. But yet he SAYS he's Mr. Romantic. All talk. Any guys can add perspective here? After all, it is a chick's holiday and a guy who is REALLY interested should do more than that, no?

Update that he asked me out for a "really romantic night" next week but not V-Day. Really the crowds and hype or another girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can be romantic without celebrating Valentines day. Much of Valentines is over commercialized and society makes us believe if a guy doesn't take us out or cook for us and dote on us on one particular day in February then he must be a worthless loser.

Of the other times you're together do you enjoy his company? Has he done sweet things for you? Don't focus so much on a single day. Step back and look at the whole picture. If you feel he treats you poorly as a whole then that would be reason to break things off... not because he doesn't get into Valentines day.