Have you broke up with a woman because she was too attractive?

A few years ago, I had a girlfriend who was a stunner. And being with her made me feel good...for a while. She was bombarded with attention, and I was nerdy and other guys were wondering, "how did he get her?!" I am insecure enough as it, and I was very intimidated by her. Unable to handle all the attention she was getting. I broke up with her and I told her it's because she's TOO attractive. She told me, "that's not fair, I can't help the way I look." I couldn't handle it. Since then, I haven't approached or dated an attractive woman at all.I haven't seen her in 2 years. I just can't handle it. Was I being unfair?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well yes an no.It really sucks to have a extremely hot girlfriend. At first it is really cool and it makes you feel like a million dollars but most extremely attractive women *not all* don't even realize that they bring it onto themselves.Especially with social networking. Lot of young extremely attractive women love the attention of guys hitting on them or they love the attention of hating so many guys hitting on them.A lot of them are hit in so much that they are insecure about themselves and need the extra attention of all these guys hitting on them and they don't understand or see that it makes a boyfriend or husband jealous.And we ad guys are suppose to be the ones not showing that it bothers us too much, but it really does. 50% of very attractive women don't grow out of it until they become overweight housewives going on menopause.Some of them hang out and bars thinking that they are young still but they are old women with tramp stamps wearing tight spaghetti strap tank tops and tight clothes, they arnt fat but they have this weird slushy look to them like water is resting in between there skin and there muscles. They partied and drank so much that they look like winded human waterbeds with scratchy 50 year old smokers voices and the only guys that hit on her are the karaoke guys with cowboy hats on and wrangler jeans with snakeskin cowboy boots or the bearded mountain man with a potbelly who attend the local bar practically every single night.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, you were. This happens with me and my boyfriend all of the time. He ignores the comments, now that we have a kid together people aren't so disrespectful.

• you really were unfair.

• People who break-up with others over such things should really consider not being in an adult relationship...sort yourself out first.

• Don't tell me what to do, I already have a mother for that. I hate when women do that.

• Show Older
    • It's still irrelevant because I didn't do it.

• Mhm. K.

• Its illogical, but breaking up with her was for the best. If your insecurities were screwing up the relationship, it was a better decision for YOU to end things, instead of blaming her, or accusing her of things that she hasn't done. Usually people tend to pick the people that they want to be with or around. IF they make the effort to keep you in their life, then they value you as a friend, family member, or lover.

• She claimed she never cheated, but I didn't want to accuse her of anything and look like an ass. So I just broke up with her.

• I don't think it's unfair because you did her a favor. You felt inadequate and like she deserved better and now maybe she'll find someone who will be able to appreciate her despite his own issues...

• yes you were being unfair. Like what she said, she couldn't choose her look. but she chose you , there must a reason why a person chose to be with another. if she didn't truly love you, she wouldn't have waste her time on you. I would be very heartbroken if I were her.being unattractive is a problem, being too attractive is also a problem..humans complicate matters..

• You were being unfair you need to work on yourself esteem I've never broken up with anyone because they were too attractive .

• That's how I feel when extremely good looking men give me attention

What Guys Said 4

• I could never do that. I don't know if that would be unfair because people get rejected everyday for not being attractive enough and we say that is part of life and that they should move on. The more important problem here is your self confidence and self esteem. You had a good girl and you allowed your insecurities to ruin you. You should. Work on that and be the best you that you can be and every girl you attract from then will be well deserved

• good advicegood advice

• hell no and that's insane and you know its unfair to her. In that situation...your ego and pride SHOULD be sky high because you managed snag a head turner for a gf! You should be thinking that you ARE the king of nerds for snagging a girlfriend that looks like a model! So what if she gets tons of attention...you should know it goes with the territory. All you need to do is to trust her to keep her...too bad...it's your loss...

• I don't see it as a loss, it was a lot of effort to get her. Keeping her was too much and it took It's toll.

• If anything being with such an attractive girl should have made you feel better about yourself. Not insecure. There's a reason we date certain people and appearance isn't really one of them.

• All depends on how she responded to the attention from other people for me.

• She laughed a lot

• she could have laughed a lot because she was uncomfortable

• No she laughed because just like ALL attractive women, they're attention whores.