If you go to a restaurant on the first date, what kind of food do you prefer?

and why!

• Fast Food
  • Meat
  • Pasta
  • Salad
  • Fish
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Something that is easy to eat without making a mess of myself, so pasta and Mexican are out! Lol

Any standard sit down restaurant that has a decent variety to choose from. I'd usually get something like a wrap or steak, or see if he wanted to split a few applies.

• My preference for first dates was always pubs tho. Something nice and casual.

• lol yeah, I try to avoid food that will make a mess of myself too

What Guys Said 49

• I'm not really a fan of meals on a first date, but if I did have to pick, it would most definitely be small bites.

For example: Sushi.

Keep it nice and formally conducted 😂 don't want any heavy indulgence in food on the first date.

• Do you prefer to go out for a drink on the first date?

• drinks are good for part of the night :) but I enjoy dates that allow me to really get to know my partner, or ones where we can interact a lot and have fun (playing, for example 😂)

• Meat, some kind of grill or BBQ, because everybody who isn't vegetarian or vegan loves BBQ. So even if the date is boring asf you get a good meal out of it.

• Italian, so I'd have to go with pasta! Why? Because it's delicious.

• I like seafood

• Meat!!! Steaks are the best!!! I would settle for pasta and sushi though since I also like them. I am also up for almost any kind of good food. A little lamb chops, some goat curry or maybe some spicy hot pot. I tend to avoid chinese food on 1st dates as they are much better when you eat as a family.

Women are a little strange on meals for their 1st dates though. I watched some of them devoured a 16oz bloody steak with dessert on top when they hang out with other girls or alone. Then the next day, they would have something like a chicken salad with the boyfriends.

• steak

• I'm a fan of using chance to decide things like that. I let her narrow it down to 2 places that she wants and then I like to flip a coin to decide. I also use coin flips to decide what I'm ordering.

• Sushi because it's delicious and nutricious! Can't beat that!

• wow it seems like I'm taking first dates to mcdonalds or olive garden from now on! I chose meat because that's what I always eat.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised no salads or pizza on the menu

• I prefer something that I won't wear home.

• 1. Italian
    2. French
    3. Japanese
    4. Chinese
    5. Indian

• sushi bar

• Garlic lots of Garlic, if she can stand me with Garlic breath and I her, then were meant to be.. :)

• I just ask her what some of her favorite restaurants are then pick one. It doesn't really matter

• I like that attitude! :D

• The company is way more important than where we eat to me so I'd rather just go somewhere she likes

• I would hit up a sushi bar. Sushi is yum!

• I don't recommend restaurants on a first date, we're both very nervous on a first date and restaurants are just too intimate, I took her to a very casual place and was still very jittery.

• I was always a fan of doing a nice pub for a first date. Have a couple beers, share an appie or two, play a game of pool or buck hunter. Nice and casual..

• Something that isn't messy, and eaten with utensils as opposed to picked up.

Going for food on a first date isn't a good idea IMHO. It makes conversation difficult.

• I have never been on a date and I rarely ever go to restaurants, I only eat home food.

• meat because steak is good!

• First date not pasta or fish because it can be messy and both can give you really bad breath (assuming the pasta has garlic)

• either mean or fast food.

• Something that is easy to eat and unlikely to make either of us sick.

• Anything that you wouldn't typically have on any day of the week.

• Fine dining. Steak or Pasta house

• Im stingy so i always get a kids meal

• I don't go on dates or eat inside restaurants. What humans call food is disgusting and deteriorating my body and my mind. Food that is healthy, hearty, and will fill me up is good. So much sugar, salt, fat, or bad chemicals is added to food nowadays that it will soon be impossible to survive. It seems like food becomes made cheaper and cheaper, after a certain period of time anyway.

• Fish & Salad mmm

• Fast food on the first, spending little money and putting full focus on the conversation. If it goes well, and she seems my type so far, the second would be a pasta or breakfast type.

• i would prefer chinese food, and not fast food because i dont wanna eat a chicken like a hungriest person infront of her with my hands.

• Sorry, but I love pasta

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 33

• I like going to bar and grills. Basically because they offer a good variety of foods, so there's bound to be something we both like on the menu.

If you know they like specific foods, like sushi or indian cuisine, then you could always take them to a restaurant that offers that. Otherwise you should play it safe.

I love going out to eat on a first date. It gives me a chance to talk to them. I'm not a coffee drinker and with it being warmer out now, it's not really my thing to go sit in a coffee shop. I feel so confined and it makes it hard for me to think of things to talk about.

• I prefer Korean food because it gives us something to talk about. Anybody eats italian or chinese food but Korean is so different it leads to a conversation like "why korean food?" Or "have you been to Korea?" "How do I use these chopsticks teach me please! "

• nah i can't say, it really depends on my mood. i want it to be filling and true to what i love eating, but also not messy or have too much sauce.

• Thai, sushi, nice veggie restaurant

• Pasta. Just because I like pasta.. haha I literally do not care whatsoever about what "type of food" I should be eating on a first date. I'll order whatever I want that looks good.

• Burgers!

• I love going places with a date where we're trying different food from around the world.

• out of those pasta sounds perfect, kissed won't be bad after that

try kissing someone after eating seafood or onions, ew

• Mexican food!

• Hmmm I love pasta bad thing is it. Gets messy when I'm there lol xD

• Pasta or salad - something that won't get in between my teeth,... xD

• Seafood, but knowing that can get pricey I'd pay for myself so he doesn't break. I'd much rather go fishing or see a movie though, or have a picnic.

• Anything simple like a pizza would be good.

• I would do a fish lung, with some pasta and salad.

• fast food, i think gourmet food at restaurants suck more often than not. i've never enjoyed outside food save for fast food.

• Anything with grilled chicken in it. :D

• Depends where we, but I usually order a burger.

• I just prefer feeling satiated and not having a bad breath afterwards. Also, i'd like something that isn't too difficult to eat, since i can get a little clumsy.

• Anything that isn't messy. Or weird. Or difficult to eat.
    Something familiar.

• Mexican because tacos are lyfe.

• I want to eat exotic food preferably something i haven't had before like Jamaican or congolese.

• cuz spaghetti lol i love olive garden so its ideal. plus slurping noodles is fun lol

• Seafood or salad.

• chicken wings :)

• Pizza! We'd share. Nothing like sharing something on a first date. Also, we can use fingers which, I feel, would lend a natural, less forced, feel to it. Also, it wouldn't be messy.

• pasta/steak... it helps me to eat properly without any messy like i ate a hamburger lolz

• Salad, Seafood, and Streaks

• Milkshakes

• Expensive food with wine

• Pasta - pretty clean to eat and I like it. But I will eat what I feel like.

• More from Girls
    3