What was the first thing you learned to cook?

Neat! New category.

If I remember correctly, I first learned how to make pancakes. It was only within the last few years that I learned to make them completely from scratch though. One of my good friends and I took a road trip to Ohio a few years ago and stopped at an Amish cheese shop on the Ohio/Indiana border. I bought a cook book... but I have since lost it :-(

Anyway, for those of you cooks out there, what was the first thing you learned to cook?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• the earliest thing I remember cooking is cake in a Dutch oven over a camp fire. I was 11.

• Boy Scouts?

• Neat. I made it to First Class before I left. I wish I'd stayed in to make Eagle :-/

• I made it all the way, glad I did, but not all Eagles are created equal.

A lot of troops are what we call Eagle farms that just crank out awards with minimal effort to be put on resumes. That, and a lot of troops have been co-opted by the LDS church as youth recruitment. The authentic scouting experience is pretty hard to come by.

What Girls Said 34

• Probably pasta. Super easy to make and has always been my favorite meal.

• It was probably a beef stew. My mom started teaching me and my brother when we were like 11 and 13. Under duress, I will admit that he is a much more creative cook and probably better than me thinking outside the box and creating recipes, and I like to follow recipes and maybe put a spin on it, but not like he does. It's annoying because whenever we're spending the holidays together, there is this super rivalry over who's food the family will like best. It gets intense.

• Pot roast or stir fry. Don't remember. I was about 8 or 9.

• scramble eggs or hot cakes

• Pancakes 🙆🏻

• It's about time they made a category for that!

I believe the first thing I learned to cook was Mac n cheese.

• Kiesh

• 0|1
  • Eggs!

• Hmm. I think it was a cake lol I was really young lol

• I think it was fried eggs, when i was like 9 or so

• It was an omelette. It was pretty easy, and the more I cook it, the better it gets.
    I still want to learn to bake cakes, that's my next step.

• fried eggs or grilled cheese. probably grilled cheese. i remember trying to flip an egg and it fell into the burner lol.. yikes!

• Marrowfat peas with pieces of bacon. My dad is very lazy with cooking so he teached me how to cook this so if my mom wasn't home I could cook something lol.

• Fried eggs and toast.
    Still one of my favorite breakfasts

• Scrambled eggs

• Pasta 😊

• I first learned how to cut cucumbers but the first thing I learned to make was tacos (cucumbers in a taco aren't that good by the way).

• Grilled cheese I think

• pumpkin pie!! or pancakes!!

• Scrambled eggs.

• Scrambled eggs when I was 6 years old.

• scrambled eggs :)

• flatbread

• Scrambled eggs

• hmmmm probably cup of noodles since i wasn't really allowed to use the stove til i was like 11 😅😶

• Cherry pie :)

• Pasta. It's easy and I was like..10 or so.

• muffins and cakes

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 24

• Heating up soup out of a can

• Lasagna i think lol

• Eggs and bacon, if toast doesn't count.

• Probably helping to cook the vegetables /rice/pasta for the family dinners when I was growing up

• Cup ramen.

• eggs and bacon sandwiches

• Cereal.

• Mud pies.

• http://oi60.tinypic.com/258ccwo.jpg
    Spaghetti, of course.
    Later I graduated to preparing croque monsieur, rice, eggs, pancakes, custard pudding

• French Toast 🙂

• Brownies 😃

• First thing I learned to cook was egg fried rice, then pizza, then burgers from scratch and then onion rings from scratch after that I forget.

• YUSSS finally, um the first thing I ever learned how to cook that would have been scrambled eggs and I was like I wanna say 8-10.

@justbanannaz they finally added in the food and beverages topic.

• This seems like a very common answer but scrambled eggs lol. I used to like to eat them when they were warm but runny. Makes me wanna puke now but I still like over easy fried eggs. I was 6-7.

• i know the first thing i tried to cook was cordon bleu with potatoes and red cabbage. i remember burning the meat horribly xD had to cut off a black layer of charcoal like blackness :D

• Chips

• Cereal. Somehow managed to make it taste burned.

• I learned to cook in Boy Scouts. The first meal I cooked was pork chops, baked potato and biscuits. I was 11 at the time.

• Grilled Chicken and pasta

• Rice -_-

• Scrambled eggs.

• pancakes was the first thing I have learned

• Chow Mein, Manchurian and Fried Rice.
    Screwd up many times before I finally got it perfect