What's your relationship with cooking?

Do you cook? If yes, how often? Do you consider yourself a good cook? Do others consider you a good cook? What's your specialty?
For me: I do cook pretty often, I think I'm a great cook, whoever has tried my creations has said that it was amazing, I consider chicken to be my specialty tho my mom said I so kickass potatoes in the oven.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am the primary cook in my household. I cook every evening and on weekends. I usually do one big family meal on the weekend.

I think I am a reasonably good cook, my mother was a chef and I learnt a lot from her. I have also taken it beyond what she does and she loves coming over to eat at my place.

I have two grills a Big Green Egg smoker grill and a Napolean Natural Gas BBQ. So I grill all year round. I grill anything from Rock Lobster tails to smoked Salmon with Hollandaise Sauce, Side Ribs to perfection, smoked beans, grilled tuna steaks with pineapple mango salsa, dad's stuffed potatoes, etc.,

I also make all my own sauces and gravies from scratch and whenever someone comes over for lunch I have grilled turkey and ham for deli sandwiches. I make salads, vegetable stir fries, sushi handrolls, you name it I have done it.

I make the best cabbage rolls, chili, home comfort foods that most people have tasted.

My specialty is grilling and I sometimes have 10 - 15 people come over if I let everyone know that I am doing side ribs. My ribs take about 8 hours slow smoked. I make my own rubs, and my own BBQ sauces. I normally do smoked baked beans with thick cut smoked bacon, coleslaw and homemade melt in your mouth cornbread. For dessert, banana's flambe with vanilla soft serve ice cream. Like below:

i534.photobucket.com/.../PB070002-2.jpg

www.homecookrecipes.net/.../Banana-flamb%C3%A9.jpg

• 8 hours? I don't have this much patience!! God , I'd rather eat omelette for days.😂

• When you have people telling you to open a restaurant, then I think it might be! lol

• I live in the South and a man who can grill is KING! And absolutely 8 hours for a piece of fall off the bone meat is totally worth it! It's truly an art form that I appreciate.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love to cook because it isn't so specific whereas baking requires you to be accurate and precise and there is no way to correct something once it's in that oven. I do however get a lot of requests and compliments for my baking. I do some really elaborate cupcakes and cookies, but I secretly loath it and leave it for birthday's and holidays. Cooking on the other hand is relaxing to me. I cook probably 5-6 times per week, my favorites being cooking things from other cultures and exposing myself to new spices and vegetables and flavor combinations.

What Guys Said 9

• I do cook - I am an okay cook - Others think I do basics well - To be honest I do rice, pasta and vegetables with cuts of meat you cook in the oven - Any sauces etc would be shop bought.

• That's cool! At least you can survive with the basics, no one needs fois gras (I probably didn't spell it correctly) that much anyway.

• I cook everyday and I can cook anything, I'm fucking amazing in the kitchen!

• Hahahaha when I say that, my mom says I'm a cocky bitch so I stick to saying I'm a good cook. What do you consider your specialty?

• I don't really have a specialty coz I cook so much stuff, I likes seared salmon with crushed new potato and crab salad or making a thai green curry, all kinds of different pastas and risottos etc etc. I accept the cocky label coz it's true! lol

• Hahahaha I'll have to try to tell you!

• I cook several times a week (not for every meal or every day). I'm pretty sure I'm a good cook. My family and friends always enjoy.

The best things I cook are some of the things I enjoy eating. Mainly pasta and risotto. :)

• Nobody will cook for me and I fast food is more pricier than whole foods in my opinion so I cook my own foods everyday.

• I love my cast iron skillet. So easy to clean.

I do any variation of any stir fry out there.

• Yes. I am a great cook. I also do great BBQ. Ribs. Chicken. Steak. I also do some baking

• I'm actually a Master Chef 💁

• Yeah I cook sometimes and I often do experiments with noodles so you can take it a my speciality and about everyone like it..
    So maybe em a good cook:p

• im a good chef, but i dont think you would know the recepies i can make, their from my country. oh and also i know how to bake a lot of cakes and pays

What Girls Said 11

• Years ago, when I got my First Place, @performerwannabe, I Used to be the Chef of the Century, where I Cooked Everythign from Soup to Nuts. I never learned at home, for I never was Into Mom showing me, but once on my Own, I Taught myself.
    However, as time went by, I became Interested in Many other things and Now... Boiling water is an effort.
    Good luck and Keep Going and Flowing, One day this may pan out for you in your future. xx

• Aww so what do you eat? Takeout? That's cool too but I love the process of mixing ingredients and thinking what would spices best compliment the dish. Thank you for your advice, I'll take into consideration.😊💜

• Thank you for the Like, sweetie, and No, not take out, I make small meals for me like even a salad but I still have to Boil More than water, sadly, for a cousin I live with though. lolxxoo

• I cook every night during the week, so I guess I'm pretty good at it. My best friend, little sister, and my boyfriend absolutely love my food and they tell me my specialties are soup and pasta.

• i try

• Yes I cook. And bake. Others enjoy my cooking. My family loves my baked ziti. I also make good breakfast. I don't cook as often as I used to because my hands get achy quickly thanks to RA. But I enjoy cooking.

• I cook whenever I can. Love making up new disher or impruving upon old recipes. Such fun! 🍝

• Nope, I am learning.
    According to my sister, I used to making amazing tea when I was little but now I can't.

As for cooking meals and stuff, I am learning but I am focusing on healthy recipes only and omg so far the ones I have tried, tastes bad. I don't know how people finds them delicious. :((

• I don't like healthy food but I think that if you follow a recipe exactly how it is, it's gonna end up well.

• I love cooking!!

• cooking and I have not spoken in 10 years we had a falling out and I don't plan on talking any time soon

• Gosh girl you rock. I can cook but not that great cook. I really don't like cooking 😥

• I can cook scrambled eggs 🙏🏼🍳

• Yes I cook & I consider myself to be very good at it