Can this cause my stomach to bloat?

So over the weekend I ate something that did not agree with my stomach at all. Spent all weekend feeling a little sick.
My stomach is so bloated and it's driving me crazy. Can eating food that doesn't agree with your stomach cause this?
also, how can I make this pass faster?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes eating food that doesn't agree with your stomach can cause bloating. just try to dont eat anything or drink anything except water, for some hours

Most Helpful Girl

• Foods can definitely cause bloating! It can be due to a sensitivity to certain foods, excess gas in your stomach, or just digestion issues (linked with the sensitivity). Beans, pop, gluten (wheat, rye, malt, barley), broccoli, onions can all cause bloating. You can do trial and error to see what's causing bloating, it can also be linked with your period. There are home remedies that swear to decrease the bloat, like drinking peppermint or ginger tea, walking and drinking water. Good luck!

• I had cheese ravioli, i think it was from the cheese because pasta never makes me feel that way :(
      I guess i am lactose intolerant :/

• Dairy is a huge culprit when it comes to bloating! I'd try dairy again to make sure that it is causing you discomfort before ruling it out. Cheese is a beautiful thing and if you don't have to avoid it, don't. There are also pills you can take before you eat dairy to help your stomach digest and avoid the discomforts.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes it can. You might have some kind of intolerance to that specific food and caused you to become very sensitive and sick. Avoid eating whatever you ate in the future.

• If it's upsetting your guts and making you bloat it's probably gas. There are a bunch of over the counter meds to alleviate gas.

If it gets any worse go to the hospital and get checked out for food poisoning.

• I know from experience it can.

• One time, I must've ate something terrible because I had diarrhea for almost a whole week! So my stomach was soo bloated and I felt so sick! Take something for an upset stomach, that's what I did and thank goodness I felt much better after that. And try to take it easy on what you eat, try settling on more heathy foods and water. At least until you start feeling better.