How can I fix myself?

I lost a significant amount of weight in a very short amount of time. I felt like people saw me as the fat kid. I figured loosing the weight would make me more likeable. I figured boys would like me better. I figured it would fix every single problem I had ever had. But it didn't. At first I was suprised. Then I figured, maybe loosing more weight would make it better. Only the skinny girls with little tiny waist and big assets were the ones who got attention. I wanted to look like that. So I started counting calories. It became all I thought about. It affected my friendships, spreading me apart from my friends. It even made me focus less in school and get worse grades. I got a few compiments but trust me when I say it wasn't worth it. I don't know how to stop. I'm always counting and counting and counting. I define tell had a eating disorder at one point. I've been to yoyoing with my weight for a while now and now I feel fat again. I'm 5'5 and I go between 100 and 110, I was 90 at my peak of insecurity. I just don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can definitely relate to those struggles :) All I can say is that you are more than just a number on a scale. I would like you to consider all the amazing qualities that you have and why they make you special compared to other people. Yes, people do look at our outer shell but it ultimately just houses who we are on the inside. You are probably a great person with many talents & I'd hate to think that you're fretting over something that does not give a complete picture of who you are. At the end of the day you need to fall in love with who you are and stop being so hard on yourself. I appreciate your question because it put things in perspective for me as well. If you really think about it we always judge ourselves more harshly than other people do. Your weight is perfectly normal and I want you to be proud of what you've accomplished to get there. The danger is that obsessing over your weight will suck all the fun you get out of life. As you said earlier, it's interfering with your relationships and your daily. Although this might be a difficult first step, I recommend speaking to someone about it (whether it be a friend, a family member, or even a professional) :) I genuinely hope you can overcome these challenges & realize that you are beautiful from the inside out :)

• Thanks for most helpful answer! :) Made my day and I hope you're doing better (it's been a while since I answered this question lol) :)

What Guys Said 2

• ok... stop. Focus on being fit and healthy and feeling good not on your weight. 110lb is no problem. Go to the gym so you are more defined and toned... not for us for you. post a photo if you doubt your looks so you can refine them. So many girls have self image issues. Granted, guys are visual, but realize other qualities we are drawn to... it isn't just looks, or your outfit... although looks matter.
    a) you are confident in who you are. that means more than anything
    b) you like yourself and respect yourself and have self worth and self esteem.
    c) you look good and healthy, you take care of yourself.
    d) positive energy, emotional stability
    e) fun... like to do fun things.

I dont' know where this idea that a woman should look like a board or a toothpick came from. Maybe it works for some girls but it isn't their look its their energy and presentation.

• Just calm down and focus on studies
    Your weight is cool according to your height

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like you have some form of OCD. You should talk to a therapist to help you get control of your thoughts. Obsessions can eat you up if you don't learn how to harness the energy and focus on other things. Upside obsessive People are usually very intelligent and hard working creative people.

You've got a tremendous amount of stamina... Start directing it positively while you're young. It's important, really important. Life can get much better or much much worse. It's not about insecurity everyone has insecurity it's about focusing energy on things that are conducive to a viable life. Everything everyone does makes them feel good , or it feeds insecurity. You need to find yourself in positive ways so the darkness that is in everyone does not consume you.

good luck.

• You should probably watch this video, it might help you with your counting issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM99CXSPcVM

• http://i.imgur.com/zKnmH.gif
    Not necessarily the greatest cookie in the world but damn there fire!

• Try to see the best in yourself and others. Be positive! Start eating regularly and exercise a few times each weak instead of cutting back on food. If you continue to struggle, you can get professional help.