Can you live without meat?

Millions of people have never tasted meat nor they intend to. Can you give up meat, even for a month?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been vegan my whole life, so yeah, people can live without it. also it's a fact that vegan people live longer than people who eat meat.

also the meat people eat is 99% of the time processed and accidentally contains things you don't even want to know of. so you aren't really eating meat anyway, just some weird and probably infected organs from multiple sick animals kept in terrible shape, mashed together and gets called "meat".

What Girls Said 29

• actually I've been a damn vegan for three day's now and I must say I already feel cleaner... it's crazy, like I can literally feel the good vibes rushing through my blood. I'm only attempting this for two month's, I do have cravings for the normal meal's i've usually consumed, but I must say not bad so far.

• A vegan? Wow hows that going? I heard vegans can't even eat cookies bc it has eggs in it

• Hm?
      I mean, lol, "I think you a word in there somewhere," as they say... but, honestly, I don't even notice those sorts of things.

But, vegan vs. vegetarian is a whole different thing.

Veganism is, simply put, not terribly healthful. If you want to actually thrive on a vegan diet, you'll want to be supplementing with several exogenous vitamins and nutrients -- and, if you are male, most likely protein supplements, too.
      If you are Middle Eastern or South Asian, then, veganism is slightly more do-able, because people in those regions have spent 10,000's of years becoming more accustomed to plant-based proteins. If yr heritage is mostly from other parts of the world, though, a vegan diet is not going to do you many favors.

Vegetarianism, on the other hand, is pretty workable no matter who you are, if that's yr thing.

• the change when eating paleo is more dramatic.

• I could and I have before. It isn't a preference for me at this moment but I have considered it.

• no i can't. i mean i can, but not for long.
    longest i go is 2-3 months.

• Living without meat perfectly happy since 7 years 👍🏻

• I'm vegetarian, so yes.

• I can, but I don't want to.

• I've actually thought of doing that to see how I would react, If I would be healthier or whatever.

• Absolutely. Vegetarian for 6 in a half years and so on beyond death!

• Probably, i dont like it too much except chicken

• Yes I can do it, it's going to be easy since I'm not big on meat.

• Yeah I don't know if I'm ready for that bc I like fish a lot. Other meat I don't really care about. I can live without it though I've been a vegetarian but I prefer still having the easier way of getting certain vitamins and omegas I need. Plus it helps my body maintain my weight better also.

• Not with my allergies. There's no way.

• I can live without meat but I'm not sure I want to.

• I can give up meet for a mint and maybe even two but not much longer, I struggle to getting a wide set of incomplete proteins and consuming all of the amino acids I require. Therefore I kind of make sure I have at least 4 ounces of meat a week but will be able to put it off for a month if required of me.

• I had to give it up for 2 whole weeks when I was in the hospital, it is not something I ever care to repeat.

• I mean I could if I had a good incentive to, but otherwise I'm happy with my chicken and turkey

• Easy but then I'll gain 100lbs because I don't eat vegetables so I'll only be eating pasta, cheese, fries, pizzas, etc

• No i lub fish, chicken and beef

• nope nope nope
    I once went for a vacation in a country, that have limited access for halal food. so for 4 days, we're vegetarian... eating veges... and it's the most depressed holiday ever lolz

• I wouldn't. I love chicken and burgers too much.

• Yup.

• Nope.

• I think I can. Never tried.

• I could in theory live without meat. In reality I would much rather have meat in my diet though.

• No I can not. If have to yes but I really love the taste.

• Heck no

• Screw that! Sorry Bambi, Winchester says you gonna die 💥🔫

• *A Tiger jumps outta bush behind you.
      "Sorry pal, my Bambi".*

• Tigers and Bambi's don't even live on the same continents. So😜 Get it together😊

• No i can't I Love my Mexican Tacos!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 39

• 2 months into that vegetarian experience. It's a strong yes from me. I do have to say shopping is tough tho.

• I lived without meat for ~7 years. No problem.

• Well the inuits metabolize fish differently than we do because that's what they have been eating for a long time.

We've been eating meat for a long time, so that is what we need.

• I don't feel I need it. I only eat it once or twice per year, and that's mostly for social reasons.

• Yup. There's a lot of delicious fruits and vegetables. The reason I don't is because many people in the world need meat as a staple food. So, this whole liberal bullshit about how we have to suddenly stop eating meat is bourgeois first world nonsense.

• there is a whole lot you could live without in theory. question if you should or want it.

• I have and could again, yeah. But I don't want to and I'm not convinced of any purported health benefits.

• Due to yoga practices, i stopped eating red meat. it's been about 5 years now.

• I'm one of those people, so yes. I've lived my entire life without meat.

• No lol

• I could do it but I don't want to live without meat.

• I can barely give it up for a day... never mind a month.

• I was a vegatarian for half a year. To bad my uncle is a butcher.

• I see no reason to do this.

• Nope. There is nothing better than a steak on the grill

• Probably yea

• Red meat yeah. I hate that stuff to begin with. But meats like chicken and turkey are things I eat often so probably not.

• Pretty hard in the US. Nearly all meals center around it. I love meat. Rawr.

• i don't hate myself, so no...

• Honestly, I can't. The most I can probably do is a couple of weeks. Meat is too tasty to give up!

• I could but I don't want to

• I could but I'd be unhappy

• Nope and I have no desire to.

• Yes - it is certainly easier for us to acquire most of the protein and energy that we require by eating meat but we could survive perfectly well by acquiring protein through nuts etc and plenty of vegetarians do.

• yea sure.

• nope i dont think so

• Sure... not the end of the world.

• I would prettymuch have to have to...

• Only for couple days

• No. I'd just be a skeleton then.

• More from Guys
    9