Will mixing vodka and wine be bad? Which beverages are okay to mix?

I heard that mixing drinks is really bad because it causes stomach aches and gets you really drunk.
My friend wants to know (she's 19) which drinks are okay to mix? Is wine and vodka okay?

You people DO realise that I don't mean mixing them together in a glass, right? I mean she wants to mix them as in drinking both (seperately) throughout the night.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on each person. I often mix beer, alcohol, and wine through out the night. I never have any problems. Some of my friends would die if they tried that again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rule of thumb: Don't mix light and dark liquors
    Beer before liquor, never sicker.
    Water goes with everything, drink it often and between drinks.
    Don't drink and drive.
    Don't let anyone touch your drink.
    If you don't know how to mix drinks, and for some reason you can't depend on your friends (?) then don't. Stick with simple things. Coke and rum, cranberry and vodka, etc. Should be quite obvious. Though nothing is more entertaining than watching nubs think they know how to drink but end up stupid drunk/a blithering mess. Keep that in mind.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know why you would want to mix vodka and wine, but it won't hurt you.
    DO NOT mix Alcohol and Red Bull, or Caffeine drinks!!! That can really mess you up, like 911 messed up!!
    My Grandfather used to say 'when you drink, stay on the same horse, all night, and don't switch. Before you go to bed, be sure the Horse has had some water!!!'
    Meaning, stay with one kind of drink, and don't mix it up!! Have a big glass of water before bed, and it helps...

• Wine and vodka is revolting, why would you lol?

Generally you mix alcohol with something non-alcoholic like fruit juice or soft drinks. If you're making cocktails then i suggest you follow the tried and tested recipes because it takes a lot of tasting and skill to come up with new ones (someone known as a mixologist).

• I took this to mean that she was drinking wine or vodka and switching to another. Mixing together is revolting.

• Well... glad we cleared that up after 5 hours lol.

You might be ok doing that, like @HGStebbins said some people can do it with no side effects. If you do want to do it, try not to alternate between alcohol types, drink one or the other and have a break inbetween. Pace yourselves.

• @Cosytoasty has a good point about not switching back and forth. That tends to leave people in the most "hurt." Leave the alcohol gymnastics to the professionals.

• That's just a vodka martini or depending on the wine you use a vodka punch.
    No it won't get you "really drunk" , not any drunker than vodka alone anyway. It's an acquired taste, let me just put it that way.
    What you don't want to do is mix vodka with carbonated stuff , before you know it you'll be making out with the floor.

• This is exactly why the drinking age is 21 (or 18). To prevent people from doing stupid shit 😂

• Dilute with water? I don't know but it sounds like fun if it ain't lethal or anything I don't know

• That is one of the most ignorant things I've heard today.

• What would that be exactly?

• Drinking age is 18. She is 19.

• In that case, be careful.

• Vodka and soda.

What Girls Said 10

• Please be responsible and be safe. But beer before liquor never sicker, liquor before beer all clear. Wine and vodka is gonna be nasty tho. Try pop or orange juice just make sure uou keep track of how much you're drinking alcohol wise. Keep hydrated and eat food too.

• wow! lol (: Kids!

• For Christ sake, my friend doesn't have an account on the site so asked me to ask this question, he is 19 so over the age limit to drink alcohol in my country! Just answer the question!

• beer before liquor makes you sicker, liquor before beer your in the clear. Drink water and drink the stronger drinks first. Don't drink the wine first, drink the vodka first.

• Mixing vodka with any other alcohol is generally a bad idea, ugh, that's one of the reasons I'm not a fan.

• lager beers with lemonade (soho)

• Yeah that's a shandy, I mean like what alcoholic drinks will be okay to drink seperately throughout the night which won't give you a terrible hangover or get you completely intoxicated

• It's like saying "how can I drink alcohol and prevent myself from being over the limit?" You can't. 1-2 standard glasses of anything is enough. Anything over that you're exceeding over the limit and going into drunk/hang over territory.

• You can always drink them every a couple of hours or so. And take small sips to last you the night

• It'll taste disgusting. Just drink wine or mix vodka with juice/soda

• That would taste fucking horrible

• I don't mean mixing them together in a glass -_-

• Well where I'm from when people say "mixing their drinks" people don't think they mean literally mixing them together. They assume they mean drinking different kinds throughout the night, I suppose people here take it literally.
      Okay thanks.

• GOD YOU ARE VERYYYY GORGEOUS 😄 , sorry if it came out in a creepy perv way lol just HAD TO SAY IT , sorry if I bothered you tho 😛

• Try it and find out

• Sounds like a good way to puke.

Mixing drinks doesn't get you drunker, but it can make you really sick. Red wine, especially, can give a nasty hangover.

Vodka water with a lemon or lime is pretty good and will give more moderate hangovers than dark alcohols.

• IMHO, wine is better to drink in smaller quantities for taste than to drink a lot of to party.

• Okay thanks 🙂

• Never mix wine, that's a crime

• How about none and wait until you both are 21.

• How about answer the question or don't share an opinion at all.

• Hey, your run in with the cops

• No, because it isn't me drinking, it's my friend. And she's over 18 which is the legal age in my country.