Is it okay to make a birthday cake for myself?

Do you think it's weird?

Well, i'm not alone, i have some friends, and family close to me, I just want to try make a new model of cake, and I don't want to trouble the people around me.
So almost all think this is ok so i'll go for it! Thanks all of you for the kind opinions! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Haven't you heard the news? The last law to be passed in your country was a ban on making your own birthday cake for yourself. The punishment is for the one that made it to eat it all alone and enjoy every bit of it ;)

If you allow others to eat it then the punishment is more severe - Mr. Bean will then get a chance to try to force you to sit down with him at his birthday dinner (because he's alone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whh7aZjNiSE

• Hahaha I remember that scene too! Share birthday cake is better, but if i have to eat the cake alone i'll make it small Thanks anon you're funny! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• To paraphrase Rabbi Hillel, "If I am not for myself, who should be?"

• not weird, this is one of those moments where you can have your cake and eat it too :)

• Yeah, when i was a kid on my birthday, cake is a must, but now i rarely eat cakes, even on my family's birthdays, eat noodle is enough. Thanks for your opinion BertMacklinFBI! :)

• You're totally fine compared to the people that buy valentines flowers for themselves

• Of course not! Everyone loves cake. If you enjoy baking a cake bake a cake! In our family you often buy the cake yourself anyway.

• Nah it ain't weird. Just do you. And if there's any cake left over. I'll gladly take some 😜 haha

• Not at all... have at it! I am sure friends and family will help by diggin in!

• Do it. Screw people who think it's weird!

• I thought it's weird at first, cuz probably people will assume that nobody cares about me, and it looked sad :/ But yeah if i make it by myself i'll get the exact cake i want! Thanks for your opinion Suitandtie! :)

• Of course, it's like rewarding yourself.

• I made a birthday cake for myself and I didn't think it was weird

• Do it! And please share! We like cake too! And happy birthday!

• Cakes are delicious. Why should it be weird? Enjoy it!

• You do you, boo boo

• Not at all. I assume you're having someone over. And that way you're sure you'll get the kind of cake you like.

What Girls Said 23