What's an odd dish your family makes that you haven't seen many others make?

My mom makes taco pizza. It was always a favorite of mine as a kid.

Most Helpful Guy

• my mom used to be all over freaking eco-, wholegrain-, organic,- super healthy bullshit xD that´s the only difference to others.

even now, she makes a salad to every meal and tries to force everybody to eat salad too.

• Ew to the first part, but II do like salads

• it´s actually not bad XD the downside is, when you´re used to this organic stuff, the "normal" food tastes Super weird. you should try whole grain spaghetti, you´ll see what i mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't consider it an odd dish, but in cooking class, year nine, I suggested we make it (we were talking about dinner dishes) and instantly the whole room turned around and said yuck, you eat that?

I don't get the issue.

It's tuna and rice. The original recipe is to bake it or something, but we cook it on the stove.

• I've never had it, but if I get the chance some day I'll let you know how it goes :)

• Okay, so to serve four people.

Two cups of long grain rice
      One can of cream of asparagus
      One large can of tuna
      full cream milk (can use skim but I don't know how that would affect flavour)
      And cornflour

So start boiling up the rice
      Get the cream of asparagus and put it in the pan, fill the can it came out of half way with milk and put in two heaped spoons of cornflour (this varies depending on how thick you want the sauce) mix it in until smooth then pour it into the cream of asparagus.
      Drain the tuna juice into a cup, put the tuna in the pan, and cook.

(we put the tuna juice in a cup to drink. Sounds gross but that was always the best part, fighting with siblings for who gets to drink it first then taking much bigger sips than allowed XD)

I don't know when exactly to stop cooking, but about when you think it'd be cooked through I guess.
      And I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you how to cook rice :P

Hope you like it!

What Guys Said 11

• My mom used to make macaroni, ground beef and stewed tomatoes and call it Chop Suey... It was alright nothing to make again in my lifetime, LOL

• Something called - chikoli -
    It's like slices of special kind of roti and when fried with spices and boiled it tastes fucking awesome.. It mouth watering and also eyes watering and next morning makes me missile in toilet but I still like it..

• we have this one thing, its like a shiskabob stuff but not on a skewer and grilled in a big pan, it is delicious

• Well it's something me and my father make but it's cooked cow tongue and it is delicious.

• Damn. Taco pizza sounds so nice!!

• Nothing out of the normal.

• Jigs dinner. Turkey, salt beef, potatoes, gravy, beets, carrots, sometimes stuffing mmm

• I've never seen anyone else make Big Red cake. My famil members make it for special occasions

• Spaghetti tacos😋

• Lutfisk

• Camel testicle stew

What Girls Said 7

• Smörgåstårta - Sandwich cake, common in Sweden but here in the UK people go WTF when they see it for the first time. You can choose whichever ingredients you want in it so most have their own unnique recipes. Its sooo sooo yummy though!
    farm8.staticflickr.com/.../...441_182ff242f5_b.jpg

• Hmmm, I don't think my family makes anything out of the ordinary.

• roti iyo malay which is bread and fish, u get mayo and tuna and mash it all together then spread it on toast. it tastes amazing with hot tea and i ate it a ton because my aunt told me it'd give me big boobs. ik its just a tuna sandwich but i've never seen other people from my country eat it which is crazy to me.

• We make bread look like a mini pizza. We cut the bread into pieces, spread tomatoe sauce, add cheese, and cook it in the oven. Not sure if this recipie exists or we're the only ones who make it, lol.

• I don't think it's odd, it's a traditional French dish made with potatoes and cheese that you put in the oven. And then eat with meat or chicken.

• Sounds delicious.

• Grilled bacon BBQ lobster