Should I cook for him or get takeout?

I'm having a stupid, girly dilemma.

The lover is coming over Saturday but not until after 7, and I am begging the question: do I cook him dinner? Or do I just get us takeout?

HALP!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• cooking is cheaper, takeout is easier. Usually, takeout is tastier as well, but that kind-of depends on you. I say "kind-of" sincerely, because it isn't entirely dependent on you. I don't know what restaurants put in their food, but I swear there is some "spice" or something that is only sold to restaurants that makes food just a little bit more delicious. Try making fries that taste exactly like Wendy's fries, for example... Or a pancake that tastes exactly like an IHOP pancake...

• It's mostly message and sugar.

• @Cosytoasty nah they should just disable autocorrect.

i seriously do not understand why autocorrect is EVER enabled, EVER, on ANY device.
      don't get it.
      • it NEVER makes any corrections of anything that the reader wouldn't understand anyway
      • it quite often "corrects" things into stuff that's no longer understandable (case in point)

literally, zero benefit, much liability. i don't get it at all.

it's kinda like how the iphone battery percentage is turned off by default. i've never understood that, either. does anyone leave that off?

bla
      autocorrect is the devil

• @redeyemindtricks somehow you have managed to articulate every gripe I've ever had with autocorrect into 6 lines. 👏

I like you very much too!

• if you can cook then do it.

if not or you're not feeling up to the task, chinese takeout is a decent alternative.

• I think it's romantic when she cooks something for you. But I would not do something that takes lots of time when he's there.
    Rather a dish for which you can do the preparations upfront and spend minimum time in the kitchen when he's there :D
    Good luck, this sounds exciting!

• It's a toss up question let's face fact if you ask him he may say it's whatever he will enjoy it no matter what. So the question is on you more than it is him you can cook and show him that aspect of yourself or simply order out. If your up to the task and know of he has any food allergies then I'd say cook if you want to put in the extra effort but when he goes over make sure to mention what you cooked to him which will cue him mentally on diner and your efforts which sure he will appreciate and want to comment on so let him. If you are just tired or want a simple night with not to much hassle go take out instead the choice is yours because you are hosting again just bare in mind any food allergies. Either way you go you really won't lose he's eating a free meal so off of that alone he's going to be happy.

• Cooking isn't girly!

Just do him a nice steak (or burgers) + chips, they're easy and everyone loves it. Takeout seems a little lazy xD.

• If on Saturday you feel up to it, I'm inclined to say cook. It adds a certain personal touch.

However, if when Saturday arrives you don't feel up to it because you're tired, then by all means order takeout.

• Maybe wait till Saturday and see how you feel. Some days you just don't feel like cooking to take out it is lol

• It makes zero difference. A cooked meal is great, but it's not like he's just coming over to eat and leave. If you get takeout, make it a good choice and have other stuff to do. As long as he leaves happy, you're golden.

• If you are worried about it being late then you could have dinner ready by the time he comes over.
    Thats What I do when I have to cook dinner with people coming over at 7

• As they say... the way to a man's heart starts from his stomach! If you really think that you can cook good food then forget the takeout.

• Takeout

• I think he will appreciate the home cooked meal much more!

• There's no wrong answer, but I'll suggest cooking for him, as it is way more romantic. Good luck!

• Dude you gotta cook.
    Simple.

• whichever you want. entirely up to you

• Cock him! i mean cook** for him he would be so happy!

• Home cook meals are great.
    Also, you can gauge what kind of guy he is.

• Cooking will impress him.

If you're not good at cooking, cook something easy, such as steak or pasta.

• If i were him, i'd be happy to know you've cooked something since i was so late anyway.

• Cook for him. if a woman cooked for me i'd feel very special!

• you dont look like the type of girl that would cook for her boyfriend. just order pizza?

• I actually cook a lot and have cooked quite a few meals for him.

• @redeyemindtricks Baby I'd hubby you up in an instant so we're on the same boat.

• lol i must warn you though, my idea of "cooking" is hitting precision fat/protein/carb/cal targets... as long as it tastes decent i'm good to go ahahah
      although you could do all the cheffin' on diet break weeks yo

• Takeout... Spend more time loving him..

• Cook for him. I'm sure he'll appreciate.

• Can you cook? If so

Cook

If not

Pizza and beer

• cookc for him baby

What Girls Said 10

• Will you be up for cooking a meal then? If so, go for it. If you just want to chill out a bit, then get take-out.

• Cook. I would cook

• If you're confident with your cooking skills - go for it! Better yet - cook together!

• Cook because that's healthier plus he probably would enjoy it more. :)

• Maybe ask him what he is in yhe mood for? Depending on what he says take it from there.

• Whatever you feel more comfortable with. Honestly, I don't think guys mind that much.

• Cook. Everyone loves homecooked meals.

• You can make salad and order the entree put it on a stove add whatever spices you want so it looks like you cooked it lol or just make a salad and order an entree.

• you should lick his asshole and that is considered eating in

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more