Do you believe that a significant amount of more people will be vegan in the future?

Do you believe that a chunk more of the world will be? Why or why not?

I think a chunk more of the world will be. Of course there will be people who'll still use animals, but I believe more people will be aware of the cruelty in the future.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they will realize how cruel it is to destroy the natural habits of animals to grow large produce producing farms and starve animals of their natural diets, in favor of feeding humans a more vegetable strict diet. I hope people don't go all vegetarian or vegan. If animals are allowed to over populate their natural habitats they will tend to starve and die painfully due to good intentions of others. They're humane ways to kill animals, not all slaughter houses do in humane killing and those that do often have to pay heavy fines and close their doors due to strict laws and public outcry. I would advocate for humane meat, not all vegan diets. Here's a good place to get you started.

http://endyulinfestival.animalsasia.org/

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i think so too.

what i like about this generation is that people are going back to basics. my grandma told me that. she said even though we've messed up the world, young people are slowly wanting to have their own veggie gardens. wanting to live a minimalistic life. wanting to have chicken coops and woodfire ovens.

i think there will be a slow turn in that aspect, but technology and the appeal of the city life will still be appealing to the majority.

What Guys Said 10

• Considering how easy it is to manipulate people, yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.

• I don't think there will be more. It will probably stay the same or decrease. Right now, vegetarianism and veganism is decreasing. It will fluctuate over time but they will always be a tiny minority.

• Hell, it will increase as lab grown meat happens,
      Its already been done and 50 years from now the majority of the supermarket will be lab grown meat

• WHICH MEANS THE PRICE OF BEEF WILL GO DOWN HELL YES

• As space and resources become more scarce it won't be much of a choice as it is simply a requirement.

• vegans are just weakness. we have eaten meat for thousands of years and now suddenly the cruelty has to stop. fuck vegans.

• That was pretty ignorant to say..
      Vegans are actually strong for not eating meat. Try putting yourself in the shoes of animals. You wouldn't want someone to kill you in a cruel way.
      But, if you think that way, then it's just your opinion and I hope it'll change.

• have you actually seen an animal die in real life? i have, it was a pig and it was killed at a farm. vegans are weak because they are passivists. they dont want to harm anything. any animal and any man that can kill me has the right to do so.

• Especially since lab grown meat is going to be the norm sometime in the near future

• The only way I could see that happening, would be if laws were passed forcing it to be that way.

• Animal based diets will become scarce through economic necessity, but they won't be vegans.

• Since an average person is stupid, yeah I think there definitely will be more vegans in the future.

• God no.. humans have been omnivorous for millions of years

• More people will be vegan than there are now, but not a significant fraction of the population.

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah I think more and more people are going that route. But I think a larger portion of people will continue to eat meat but strive to make their diets more plant centric, meaning we will on the whole cut down on our meat consumption but not cut it out entirely.

• its already happening!

• No. Its just a fad or a trend. Once they get severe problems, its a wake up call for them to have a bit of meat

• I hope so, the trend is growing at the moment - especially vegetarianism, so that's great :)

• Veganism means you think humans are on par with animals so no I don't think most people will ever agree with that

• I think so.
    But remember, certain diets aren't for everyone.

• Absolutely

• Nope, because we are naturally meat eaters and i dont see that changing any time soon.