Do I eat too much or too little or normal?

Okay so I eat about 1000-1500 calories every single day and I'm only 5'l Is it too much? cause I'm shorter :/ and I'm 15 turning 16 soon

Most Helpful Girl

• That's way too little. If you have a normal BMI, your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) would be around 1300 calories. That's how much calories you burn simply for being alive. You could sit in bed all day and you'd burn 1300 calories by doing nothing. If you also take into account all of your daily activities and the fact that you're still a growing teenager, then you should really not be eating any less than 1600 calories per day.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I am the same height and I think you consume about the same as me. I also think both of us could eat a bit more. I feel 1500 every day would be fine. I am quite skinny, but I burn off a lot as I am having to spend a lot of time working.

• It really depends on how much you weigh and how much you exercise. I would say for your age, that's not enough. Anything I'd say between 1500-1800 is how much you need to be eating to maintain your weight.

• That sounds a bit less than usual. Especially for a teenager.

• caloric intake is different in every person, but in average, u shouldn't eat less than 1200, so 1000 is too little in my opinion. 1500 is fine
    dont forget is not just about calories tho, its about the quality of those calories.

• It's normal.

• It is normal for the average woman to eat between 1,200-1,500 calories a day. You are fine, sweetie don't worry :)