What is your favourite type of cooktop?

Coil elementsWhat is your favourite type of cooktop?
Ceramic:Gas:

Induction

• Coil elements.
  • Ceramic.
  • Gas.
  • Induction.
  • I don't cook.
  • I don't own a cooktop.
  • I don't know the advantages and disadvantages of each type.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Induction is the most safe. You can't burn yourself or in most cases you can't burn yourself off just the element.
    Gas stove is perfect.

• Yes, I have heard you can't burn yourself off just the element of an Induction.

What Girls Said 14

• Hmm, I don't really know the advantages and disadvantages at each one. My parents' home had a ceramic top and now we have gas here and I prefer that.

• Whichever is safer I guess? I love the way the flame looks on a gas stove but I met a friend who was burned all over. He said the oven blew up on him.

• Gas is still the best

• I don't think Gas has the speed that Induction has though.

• The professional grade gas stoves are superior. The personal/ residential ones are a toss up.
      But I still enjoy cooking with gas.

• Yes. However, most people can't afford a professional grade gas stove. Anyway, if you love gas that is good.

• I've only ever used coils.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to each?

• Coils I don't think there is that much advantages to them over others.

Cermamic just that it is a flat surface, more easy to clean than coils.

Gas has a lot of control temperature wise.

Induction is very very fast. With the other ones it might take 30 mins to boil a pot of potatoes but with induction it will take 5 minutes, 10 minutes top. That may also have a lot of control temperature wise as well but I am not sure.

• Yes, something to look forward to in the future. The only thing with induction is you have to have special pots and pans for them you can't just buy any one. However, I don't think they are too expensive not sure though.

• I was watching Japanology with Peter Barakan and I was actually learning about the inner mechanisms of rice cookers. It reminds me of the detail of this question. :)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uax8CT99WY

• I have a gas cooktop at home. It works just fine for me.

• I have the ceramic one and I don't have any complaints about it

• Induction, closely followed by gas.
    I can't stand flat ceramic.

• Ceramic is better than Coil elements though.

• I've always had better results with a coil than a flat ceramic (though not the glass ceramic, the ceramic plates).

• Oh, I was thinking What…. because the glass ceramic is good. I will take your word for it about ceramic plates though.

• I have a gas stove.

• We use gas and it's the one I prefer because it's economic.

• I dont cook

• I have ceramic at home and have used gas in the past, and gas is much better.

• Gas I ever house we lived we have always had a gas cooktop

• That Gas cooktop is one that puts itself all away when turned off and then when you turn it on comes out from under the surface ready to cook.

• Ok, is it a Fisher and Paykel as I thought they were the only brand that had the rights to make those cooktops.

• I love cooking on a gas stove. So much easier.

• I have ceramic but I really like the gas cooktop. I like how it cooks better

What Guys Said 12

• Gas... at least i can see when the frickin thing is hot. plus it cooks way, way faster.

• I can work with anything, even a camp fire!! I know 'Professional Chefs!!'

• Gas because it's the most versatile.

Induction would be my favourite by far if they worked with copper pans. In a restsurant kitchen, they are a godsend (a lot cooler environment and cleaner)

• The house I'm building is going to have Ceramic. The gas looks amazing, but what a fire hazard..

• ceramic

• Coil.

Ceramic is a pain to keep clean. Gas can be dangerous. Never tried induction.

• gas, so I can make smores

• I have a ceramic one

• Gas is better, with the glass, you dont know if its on and may start a fire in the house

• Coil elements

• Why that? Just out of interest?

• that's what i have at home and i don't feel comfortable with the other ones because it's a flat surface. i don't like to use up gas for a stove. there is already enough carbon dioxide in the air.

• Oh ok, I like the flat surfaces

• we have a gas one so gas i guess lol