How to put sugar on already baked pie?

So I just baked this pie for a party in 30min but I just reslized something - I forgot the sugar! Is there anyway to stick sugar on pie crust after it has already been baked?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could use powdered sugar on top, or serve it with sour cream and berries to mask the unsugared pie. If you have time, I'd make another, though. pie is better when served right from the oven anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you want the sugar to be added to the crust or to the filling?

If you wanted the sugar in the crust, I would suggest using an egg wash. Beat a raw egg, mix in some sugar, and use that to glaze the crust when it has 20 minutes or so left to bake. You can also sprinkle some additional sugar on top after you glaze the pie- it will stick to the egg wash.

If you wanted the sugar in the filling, you have fewer options. You can try to remove the top of the pie crust (the "lid" if you will) in order to mix some sugar into the filling, but the crust may never stick on properly again. You can simply serve the pie with sugar so that people can sweeten their slices to their own desired level of sweetness. Or you can garnish each slice with sugar syrup or sweetened whipped cream to add more sweetness.

If you

• Not sure what the random "if you" is doing at the bottom there. I swear I did not type that.

What Guys Said 2

• Powder sugar

• If you wanted to bake the sugar into the crust then it is too late. All you can do is add sweeteners.

What Girls Said 2

• Sprinkle the Sugar on the top of the Pie Crust.
    I sometimes buy "Sugar free cherry pie" and its Best from the Best.
    Good luck. xx

• *Vanilla Ice cream on the side or on Top when Serving Warm First, Is also a Nice Sweet Treat.

• You can try but it's not gonna taste quite right...