I got sucked into grilling for a wedding. I was going to grill the following three choices, let me know what you think?

1) Grilled seafood stuffed salmon. Stuffed with lobster, sourdough bread, and garlic butter wrapped with baby leaf spinach and asparagus, similar to this:

2) Grilled bacon wrapped filet mignon - I will tenderize the filets and smoke the thick-cut bacon myself. I will grill the cremini mushrooms and onions if someone wants them. I like to dust the filet in peppercorns before they go on the grill. Something like this:

3) For our vegan/vegetarian friends and on an entirely separate grill, make a Grilled Polenta, Eggplant, fresh pineapple and Baby red/yellow Pepper shish kebab in a slightly sweetened balsamic dressing and red wine marinade similar to something like this:

Do you think that this will be satisfactory to all the different palettes and preferences? There will be salads and other sides to choose from, but these are what I was thinking of the main course?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, i'd say drop the bacon from option 2. Beef fillet is so superb it can stand on it's own tbh (just the mushrooms). Just never found pork and beef to compliment each other.

The salmon dish has me most interested, the flavours work. But cooking it on a grill can be tricky to get right, you don't want overdone salmon and at the point it's perfect it's starts to flake easily so you'd need to take care not to break it. I'd almost say use a griddle pan.

The Veg dish is great too, go very light on the dressing since you will want to taste the marinade. Actually you could use the same marinade for your beef.

• Nice suggestions! I do use the same marinade for the beef... maybe a I will put the bacon on the side for traditionalists... kind of a dismantled filet mignon?

• Thanks for the MH, hope it goes/went well!

• It comes up in July, I am stoked and looking forward to it!

What Girls Said 16

• I think it all looks great, but I don't think the serving size for the vegan/vegetarian is big enough. It looks great, but veggies are typically much less calorically dense than animal products, so you'd end up with a bunch of hungry vegans. If there are other courses, it should be fine though.

• Thanks for the head's up... I will be packing the veggies pretty tightly on the skewers so I hope it will be sufficient. There will be other vegan salads etc., that they can help themselves and the couple said to make plenty extra, so I intend to.

• I love the first and the last.. i think they are perfect. Dont know much about bacon but everyone has their preferences.

• @Cosytoasty was of the same opinion about the bacon... to let the beef be on its own. I agree, I plan on putting the bacon and mushrooms on the side and let people choose if they want it traditional style, or not.

I usually get it thick cut from the butcher and smoke it on my smoker grill using apple wood. I lightly brush it with some maple syrup and grind some black pepper on it and give it a squeeze of lime.

• ... and thank you regarding the making something amazing! It is there wedding day, so I will do my best to make sure the food looks great and is edible.

They are good kids and just want them to have a great day :)

• I wish I could get to sample your cooking ;) ;)

• All three options sound good and like they will appeal to all types of eaters, haha. Very nice. :)

• Yum!! I'll be there! Lol It all sounds great. And I'm sure that'll please everyone.

• I am glad to be getting the response on all counts. My main worry was that not everyone would be happy with the choices. Thanks!

• Very heAlthy choices. It won't go wrong ☺️

• That sounds so good, that made me hungry I would pick and it's my favorite of the three
    1) Grilled seafood stuffed salmon. Stuffed with lobster, sourdough bread, and garlic butter wrapped with baby leaf spinach and asparagus

• #1 omg :x sounds amazing

• Yes it all looks delicious im sure the guests will love it.

• Yum! The salmon really looks good. Good choices 👍🏻

• I had it the other night to try it out. It came out just right. I basted it with some garlic butter and sprinkled it with some chives on top too! I think they will be happy with it.

• Those sound awesome!!

• Thanks, I am hoping that everyone has something they would be okay with. They printing up the menus so I have to come up with some ideas... they left it up to me! LOL

• Maybe, but I can get nice thick-cut salmon and make the stuffing beforehand. It would be a matter of stuffing it when the salmon is raw and then tying the asparagus and spinach leaf to have the desired presentation. The nice thing is it is mostly prep, salmon does not take long to cook on the grill!

The filet will take the most amount of time because I have to tenderize, wrap it and the marinade it the night before and then sear it so it has the grill marks and cook it to peoples preferences. I also have to smoke the bacon the night before also.

• sorry to many also's lol it keeps adding up!

• Grill the salmon it's so good

• It is one of my favorites. They asked me to do a seafood choice, and the bride hinted towards the salmon as she has had it before.

I only have a grill and no smoker, so I plan on using my tube smokers and filling them with apple wood chips to give a slightly smoked flavor to the salmon dish.

• They sound delightful! I would eat all of them, and I don't even like beef!

• holy crap dude! make all of them! they look great! :D

• Thanks... I do enjoy making food for large groups, so I am pretty pumped about the choices. Getting some good feedback on here to which helps :)

• Sounds delicious! It's great that you have a vegetarian option! :)

• I figured with the number of people going vegetarian and vegan these days I should have something in their for them. I am going to clean the grill entirely beforehand and no meat will touch that specific grill.

• Number 1

• Sounds like a great menu to me

• Thanks, I am just trying to be sure that everyone will have something that they like on the menu.

What Guys Said 6

• I like No 2 that sounds outstanding. I hate mushrooms though

• Dude that's a lot of work. Haha they all look good. Hopefully it's not too big of a wedding

• The last I spoke with them we were up to 148. It is a lot of work, but they are good family friends and starting out, so I don't mind helping where I can to make it a great day!

Thanks regarding... they all look good. I have been working on some different presentations to make them really look great when I plate them.

• Thanks for making me hungry right before I was going to bed...

• Sorry dude! I tried out the stuffed salmon for dinner last night it turned out better than I expected!

• sounds pretty good! :)

• Thanks man... it will be a lot of work, but they are friends and I don't mind doing them a favor!

• Number 3!!

• Thanks, I was worried about the vegetarian meal the most. I enjoy that one and the mix of flavors, but wanted to hear from someone else that prefers veggies!

• True, like the veggies throughout most of the week because they are not has heavy and turn to some protein on the weekend.

• Thats what i need right now lol

• Salmon is a bitch to grill if you put it directly on the grill, as it falls/flakes apart and leaves a mess in your BBQ (a issue if you have a built in grill) and it does not hold well like steak (being left in a heated serving tray) would and if being stuffed will probably end up being soggy if not served immediately the veggies are easy, but they also will just turn into a mess if left in a heated serving tray

• If you over cook it, plus if you use some oil spray it tends to bind things together better. It falls apart if it dries out too much.