I want to learn how to drink alcohol. Where and how should I start?

When I turned 18 my mom gave me a bottle of whiskey because I really wanted to try it. It was really disgusting and haven't tried any alcoholic drinks since. Ofcourse whiskey was way too strong as a starter. Which drink should I pick as a starter? And how should I drink it? One sip at a time, or maybe try to drink one bottle at once?

Most Helpful Girl

• The way you're talking about it says to me you shouldn't be drinking anything

• And why is that?

• Oh now you're older than me. I thought I was a year older than you... The fuck is wrong with your brain? if you even got one.

• It was sarcasm. Wow.

Most Helpful Guy

• Start with beer or wine. Go to bars and try mixed drinks.

Something strong like whiskey or vodka my trick is keep it all in the front of your mouth until you're fully ready to swallow the whole thing. Don't let it linger on the back of your tongue because that's where the bitter taste buds are and so that would be where you get the strongest reaction. It goes down easier if you have it in the front of your mouth and then swallow it all really fast so it just passes by the back of your mouth. That at least works for me.

What Girls Said 11

• Well I think fruity ciders are the way to go, they aren't too strong and they taste nice and refreshing but only if you like sweet drinks! Otherwise you'll find it sickly. I personally also enjoy Malibu and coke, if you like a coconut taste you'll probably enjoy it and Southern Comfort and coke but it's pretty strong for a first drink :P

• I'm probably not a good person to answer this considering I hardly drink but I started out with wine and regular beer, though I didn't much like the beer.

• Cocktails are probably your best bet.
    But you can also try cider, there's many varieties - I quite like Bulmers and Strongbow. there's also WKD the blue one tastes the best; basically starts off with the light stuff and then build up to stronger drinks, and yh definitely one sip at a time.

• Hun please don't! What a punk.

• Try fruit ciders or wkd, they taste so good as opposed to beer which in my opinion is disgusting

• try with something light then gradually go towards stronger drinks

• I am expert in it lol
    Start with wine

• Try beer or cider.

• Probably start with beer first. I started with wine.

• Try fruity mixed drinks. The taste good so the alcohol is kinda hidden and not as harsh. And no dont just throw it, back sip it.

What Guys Said 10

• Don't mix different drinks, only focus on one.
    Don't give in to the cocktail suggestion. They are deceiving in their taste.
    Take it slow. Only drink one at a time.
    Do it in a private setting and not while going out.
    No drinking games.
    Eat properly beforehand.
    Have some white bread and water while drinking.
    Start with the less %-heavy drinks. Beer or wine are your best bets here.

• Dude I can't tell you. You just gotta try different things. Try beer first. maybe thats how I started then I got into hard liqour and whiskey. I don't recommended drinking a whole bottle u less you wanna feel like shit the next day. Look up mix drink recipes.

• Start with beer.
    Then work your way up to liquor.

Don't drink a shit beer tho.
    Here is a comprehensive list of widely available beer

Shit beers: Natty, Busch, Budweiser,
    Borderline Acceptable: Miller light, Bud light, Coors, Ying ling
    Good: Carona Extra, heineken

• I started on whiskey.

• Stick to whiskey. What you do is either mix it with soda 50/50 or take a shot then immiedtalty drink anout 250ml of soda or juice and the burn won't happen.

• not bothering is an option.
    I have my opinions on what is the best drink, but it may well be nothing you like.
    Personally I hate whiskey and burbon. And I no longer like beer.
    I'd recommend sipping at whatever you try, guzzling alcohol is a good way to end up dead or with emergency room staff pumping liquified charcoal into your stomach.

• chin up and just keep on drinking the Jack my man, you will learn to love it.

• Chug it and send it to tfm

• White/rose wine?

• beer