What type of food did you once tell everyone you hated, but then you tried it or it was cooked a different way, and you love it now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not exactly "food", but I couldn't stand Root Beer as a young child. The taste repulsed me. Then suddenly one day, when I was around 10, I had this tremendous urge to drink Root Beer. After that I loved it. Don't know how that happened -- it was an overnight kind of thing where my taste bugs suddenly seemed to go 180.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to hate oatmeal, I almost threw up the first time I ate it raw... but then I cooked it again in hot milk and it's delicious this way

What Guys Said 9

• So many things from my childhood, because what I got was just nasty:

Mushrooms. I only got them out of a can.

Blue cheese. I thought it tasted like Kraft Blue Cheese dressing. Real blue cheese and relatives like Stilton and Gorgonzola are amazing.

'
    Beer. Drank crap beer in college. Didn't like it. Then tried Sam Adams and New Belgium Fat Tire Ale. Much better. Now I love a good Porter.

India Pale Ale -- didn't like it. Tried again. Now I like it, some more than others.

Eggplant. I still don't like it.

• Sushi.

• Lengua
    or cow tongue in tacos primarily

• Squash.

• pig hooves.

• Mushrooms. I especially like shiitake mushrooms now.

• Mac and cheese

• I can't think of any, I've always represented my tastes accurately, and I never claimed to hate a food without trying it.

I tell people I dislike aubergines, and that is very true. I also tell people that I don't like sushi.. I will eat it, but I'd never buy it on my own and I wouldn't be sad if I never tasted it again.

• Not really a food but Cranberries. I love all kinds of berries. As a kid I would never try them. I don't know why. Many years ago I ordered a turkey dinner, of course it came with cranberries. A little got on my fork & I put the fork in my mouth to clean it. Boy are they yummy!

What Girls Said 14

• Olives

. I used to say I didn't like them , even though I'd never tasted them. The first time I tried them I thought they were okay , but eventually I acquired a taste for them. I now love green olives. I could sit and eat a whole jar of them 😂

http://imgur.com/DAtaIpO

• I remember i use to hate dumplings. But i changed my mind and decided to give it another go and voila i ended up loving it!!

• Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

• Lasagna, Salmon, (I only like smoked salmon) and kiwis. I LOVE kiwis now. (The fruit, not the bird.) Those are what I can thing of off the top of my head but I'm sure there are tons more.

• I used to dislike spinach and mushrooms. I really like them now.

• Not a food, but a drink... Coffee. Also I Never used to like shrimps and prawns but since having them on the bbq cooked in garlic butter they taste way better. But can still only handle in small doses. I used to hate pumpkin and mushrooms as a child but love them now.

• nothing, i have alwyas hated what i hated

• Aspergus I hated the way it was made and tasted as a kid. Now I love it and make it myself because a different way someone else taught me.

• It's ice cream. I used to not like ice cream until I tried out a few delicious ice cream flavors from quality brands/cafés.

• Spinach haha

• Burgers, but I still don't like them much now. I just don't dislike them as much as I used to. Also bananas, I didn't like those much until a few years ago.

• beans and vegetables

• Blueberries. I still don't love them, but I'll eat them now.

• Salmon and seafood in general