How old were you when you had your first alcoholic drink?

how did it happened?

happen*

Most Helpful Guy

• My parents let me have a little bit of alcohol at various points in my life, like champagne on weddings.

However, the first time I really drank alcohol beyond just tasting a little was when I bumped into an old buddy after high school who somehow thought I was really great (even though I was reclusive and shy back then).

He invited me to a night club to hang out with his buddies and to introduce me to some girls. On attending, I was so overwhelmed by all the people and music that I was getting really nervous. He suggested I try drinking some Rumple Minze shots to loosen up. I hammered down a few of those and was really starting to get into the music and the people and the party and was laughing and socializing like I never did before... except I kept ordering more and more of those shots until I could barely walk anymore, whole room was spinning.

Then all my friends had to kind of escort me back to the car, putting my arms around them and practically dragging me back. I started singing inside the car and they found it really funny. After I got home I spent the rest of the night next to the toilet vomiting.

After that I loved alcohol!

Most Helpful Girl

• Thirteen years old. I was at the Caribbean for a trip and they let me have drinks there because there wasn't really a age limit (I think you have to be legel to drink there but not that many people care or don't even bother to stop you) It wasn't that big a deal either it was a Piรฑa colada didn't have that much alcohol in it either. I don't like drinking though only on special occasions.

What Guys Said 30

• 16. I had my arms crossed and was wearing a white gown. Approached the chalice then my priest put the spoonful of wine and bread in my mouth. The end.

• I think I was...8?
    My mom was having some Slivovitz , I asked if I can have some , she gave me a sip and ehhhh... I don't think 8 year old me had an appreciation for it lol , but as I got older it's become a bit of a family occasion to open a bottle over good food to the disdain of my father cos he's a straight edge.
    Don't really drink any more, doesn't go with my lifestyle.

• had a sip? probably about 9 or 10
    actually had my own drink 17

• probably 6 or 7, when my grandpa gave me a taste of his beer xD i hated it back then. this was my gamps method to keep a kid from drinking/smoking. he just let me and my siblings taste it and we hated it... pretty effective, even if my parents didnยดt agree at all with that method :D

• At home , at 15 or 16

• My first sip was like 9. My first drink was probably 14 or 15. Nothing happened. My first time I got shit wasted I passed out drunk and ran home naked.

• Ran home naked? That sounds like an interesting story 😂

• @teawrecks I'm sure some chick tool them off ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

• Most likely 😝

• I don't remember. I grew up having a sip or a little glass of whatever we had with dinner.

• Probably 14. My friends were being pussies so I put them in their place 😝

• Very young - maybe 3 or 4. I had a bad habit of drinking other people's drinks when I was little. My grandparents, who lived with us, drank highballs all the time so...

• 12-13 it was Dos x beer. Even then i recognized it's questionable quality.

• First time I ever had a sip of alcohol I was either 14 or 15. My aunt was having a party at her place, and there was wine. My parents let me have a sip. I'm never going to get into alcohol.

• i never had, and never will

• I first tasted beer my mistake at like 6ish. I drank a little wine at about 14. Haven't had anything since then.

• 16 years old

• I was 15. I threw up all night

• I was 19. I was hanging out at my friends house and everyone was drinking alcohol. So I said fuck it I'll have some too. So I drank alcohol that day.

• 4 : my granpa made me drink red French Wine...

• dont drink asker

• Like 9 years old, first time smoking at 18

• I've had sips and sneaks of drinks since I was 8. Tequila, beer, wine, rum.

• 22, new years party

• About 9

• Like 2 years ago.

• i was a way younger lol

• 14. Just hanging out.

• I drank champagne at my baptism so it would be in months.
    But since way back then I've become both very definitely an atheist and I dislike drinking.

• 10, 11 or 12.
    Visiting my friends, friends/family, we went down stairs & the liquor cabinet wasn't locked.
    I remember I went to freshman orientation for HS hung over.

• I'm 24 and still not happened

• Like two years ago for my birthday I drank vodka and got drunk af

• I don't remember

What Girls Said 28

• 5 I think.

My grandfather told me it was root beer. lmao.

• I was 12 and my cousin and I had found a bottle of rye in my parents cellar. So we mixed it with some ginger ale and got a little buzz on.

• First sip was probably 13. Lol i drank it because my mum left it on the counter top in a glass by accident. And i thought it was apple juice!

• From early childhood cause my grandpa has chateau

• But the first time I remember was like at 10/11 years old. I was really drunk, my friends still remember stories of that day lol

• Uhh, I guess I was about 13 years old. My parents let me try some alcoholic beverage, though I couldn't tell you what it was now. I think it was Malibu rum mixed with soda.

• Maybe about 4-5. I asked for a sip of my Grandpa's beer. It tasted horrible.

• 15 and in a birthday party... I didn't like the taste but I drank it cause it was blue ahahhaha

• 8.

My dad gave me ouzo and said it was water. So i drank half a glass then slept for probably 24 hours.

• never happened

• I was eight and I caught my older brother drinking. He gave me a shot of whiskey and I don't remember anything else, haha.

• 6 / 7 ? my uncle gaved me a little of beer to try on hahaha hated beer from that day till the day I die XD

• I was 5. It was a holiday and my mom gave me some wine and my face turned beet red. Italian families give their kids alcohol really young lol xF

• I don't know. Like 15 or 16. I'm Italian. It has always been allowed. I think I was at home with my parents.

• This fall I am going with my sister to Scotland and London. Since I am 19 I am legal there so I will have my first drink there.

• I was 23 and I had my first alcoholic drink. Grappa with 70% alcohol. It happened because my father was in hospital due to heart attack and I was in another continent.

• 18. I went to a party with a couple friends and one of my friends was cool with the host so they let us have a few margaritas

• 14.
    My uncle bought me a white Russian in a bar.

• 15 maybe, a glass of wine with my parent's authorization

• 14 at a family BBQ

• I don't know full on drink? Probably 10. Parents just handed me a glass of wine

• I was 12 and it was at church.

• 14 i tried it when we had the whole family for dinner

• 11... My parents let me

• 15. A bunch of girls got together, and had a crazy night. XD

• Probably 15 and at a party

• I was 5 yrd

• I can't remember my first ever drink, it would have been as a child, with my parents.

But I first started drinking regularly at age 15. I used to sneak into pubs with my friend, also drank at a lock in on holiday, but can't remember which came first.

• 14 at a party in high school